Quantcast

(Sin day what the hell)

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
'Morn. Currently neck deep in coffee. Gotta keep myself busy today while also staying off my feet. I'll probably queue up a couple more episodes of the Fallout show on Prime. The first two episodes were great (I never played the game).

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Meeting the other CO drivers around 8am at K1 to watch the world championship race and drive the track in adult karts immediately afterwards. After that? Well there ain't shit to do in the Inland Empire and it's raining, so no beach. I still gotta figure it out. I expect Haley will sleep for a few more hours, so I'll run off to the store to get some food and a coffee.

We all went out to dinner last night and got to talk about the day with the kids. They were all pretty bummed, but talking about their passing really made them all feel a lot better. In a real racing situation, they are the only ones who actually made up positions. It realistically comes down to the fact that we and the managers, let them duke it out. They have had to spend the last three years driving elbows out, fighting to hold onto, and clawing for every additional position possible after the qualifier and they are better drivers because of it.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Went to the old neighbors for dinner last night and God damn can that man smoke some meat. :drool: Definitely ate way too much, probably skip breakfast this morning. Slept pretty poorly after the fact, but that might have been the tequila.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
city life is not for me....

charlotte....noisy as fuck on a saturday night....

but...

forgot to lock the car....but seeing as it was post detail clean...nothing to steal...

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Perfect weather here today, did angry bike parts swapping, then a bike ride, wash/vacuum car, bike ride and did sweet FA for the rest of the day.

Have ridden six times in seven days which is pretty good for me.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Time to go to church and pray for Jesus's forgiveness because it covers everything, no matter how heinous. Take the worst crimes you can think of. Now imagine the victim is a child. THAT IS COVERED. Can't beat that deal.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Time to go to church and pray for Jesus's forgiveness because it covers everything, no matter how heinous. Take the worst crimes you can think of. Now imagine the victim is a child. THAT IS COVERED. Can't beat that deal.
Despite being raised Protestant I really enjoyed my time in Catholic high school. Well except for the part where they tell you masturbation is a sin and you must confess. Big nope on that one.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Back is still jacked up, but I got both lawns mowed and broke down 4 of the old raised beds. I built them when I first moved in like 9 years ago, so they are pretty rotted. The wife still has no idea what she wants to do in the back, so just hanging out for now. The weather is nice, so that helps.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Apple crisp in the oven.
Chicken with 6 different peppers in the crock pot
Coffee in my hand.
Today is shaping up.
Might put the new choke cable on my mower. . . But then I would need to mow. . . You’re right. . . Fuck that.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Figured out today. We're going to Mission San Gabriel and then the La Brea Tar Pits. Flashback to my elementary school years, but they are pretty cool things to do in LA area that won't break the bank and you can do when it's raining.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
@Adventurous is it my imagination or are Benchmade knives the Yeti cooler of cutlery ? Just “sharpened” my mini-bug out and it still catches on a sheet of paper. Right out of the box I noticed the edge was not very refined. Had it for a year now. Are they just hype ?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
@Adventurous is it my imagination or are Benchmade knives the Yeti cooler of cutlery ? Just “sharpened” my mini-bug out and it still catches on a sheet of paper. Right out of the box I noticed the edge was not very refined. Had it for a year now. Are they just hype ?
How are you sharpening it? S30V is going to take a bit longer to get a good edge vs a carbon or tool steel. If it makes you feel any better, I've got 4 S30V Benchmades and while sharp, they've never gotten scary sharp like my Spydercos (S45V) or LT Wrights (3V and A2). I've found S30V to be the "sharpest" when sharpened on a slightly rougher grit so it's a little bit more toothy. Might also help to make your micro bevel steeper, but S30V can get chippy if the edge gets too thin.

Benchmade makes an overall decent product. I've never had any issues with them, which probably explains why I've got 5. They aren't the best performers, but the overall form/fit/function proposition tends to be good.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Spent my morning picking up horse poop in the stall. Espresso time. 47° but at least the rain has stopped. So far Ruth has placed a first and a second. Last ride at 1030 this morning
View attachment 210352
Why in the hell are *you* picking up horse shit? Equestrian can't get her jodhpurs dirty?? :disgust: :D

Asking for a friend. Say you needed to shank something/someone with the lowest effort. Which model would work best?
Model? Homemade shiv, son. :homer:

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
How are you sharpening it? S30V is going to take a bit longer to get a good edge vs a carbon or tool steel. If it makes you feel any better, I've got 4 S30V Benchmades and while sharp, they've never gotten scary sharp like my Spydercos (S45V) or LT Wrights (3V and A2). I've found S30V to be the "sharpest" when sharpened on a slightly rougher grit so it's a little bit more toothy. Might also help to make your micro bevel steeper, but S30V can get chippy if the edge gets too thin.

Benchmade makes an overall decent product. I've never had any issues with them, which probably explains why I've got 5. They aren't the best performers, but the overall form/fit/function proposition tends to be good.
Oh okay, rougher grit huh. That’s what it looked like new. Been using the same set of ceramic rods that I hone my kitchen knives with.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Cousin took his own life we are thinking. Fucker could have called someone!

Everyone left behind is in pieces at this time. He was US Army for decades and participated in all the sand wars in the 80s and 90s.

Fuck

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
Floppy head?
Surprisingly, no. My traps are a bit sore, but nothing horrible. We used to have to wear a huge foam neck collar, so I thought it might bother me without it, but nope. I did pick up an EVS collar yesterday though. As far as I know, they didn't really exist (and may not have been allowed) last time I was doing this.

Let's just say that part of my ribs and the general "muffin top" area is a bit sore today. I think my rib-vest might be a bit too tall for me, which might be causing part of the issue. Not sure. I will say that the modern rib-vests work far better than those from 20 years ago.

While I was happy with my driving overall yesterday after not being in a kart for 20 years, it was a bit humbling. When you go to a kart track in "race city USA", you're going to come across some fast drivers...and they were very fast.