Quantcast

Since Metallica has sucked for a while

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Geography and History time!
Metallica started in LA, then moved to the East Bay at Cliff Burton's request since they wanted him in the band.

And yes, they do suck and have sucked since Black album.
And Lars's drum kits sounds like trash cans.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Zark said:
And Lars's drum kits sounds like trash cans.
Please don't start on this, we'll be here all day.

"Fascinating" is the only way I can describe that drum sound.

bigginsis

Monkey
Jun 20, 2004
standing at the edge of reason
dh girlie said:
He's a puppet...and Lars and James are the puppetmasters...the only rational one was Jason Newstead.
I AGREE. He's the only rational one because he had the 'nads to leave when he realized they were selling out.

May I point out that, as a long-time Metallica fan, they got famous because people were passing tapes of their shows around! They used the fan base to get to where they are now, and then they say "buh-bye" and forget where they came from and how they got there.

I quit after the black album.

J

JRB

I thought Newsted left because they didn't want him to go sell out without them. Anyway, he used to skate with us in Pflugerville when I was in high school. He was a super cool cat back then. Pretty laid back.

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
dh girlie said:
10,998? How can you be so sure of that number? Are you positive it was not 10,999? or 10,997?

well, the person that went with me also paid.......before they came out I was bored so I counted how many people were there, oh wait the dude next to me spent the entire show staring at his sneaks, so maybe it should be 10,997.5

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
loco said:
I thought Newsted left because they didn't want him to go sell out without them. Anyway, he used to skate with us in Pflugerville when I was in high school. He was a super cool cat back then. Pretty laid back.

I thought he left cause he thought the rest of the band was losers cause they all wanted group 'lets get along' therapy

Dec 6, 2004
Santa cruz Mountains
This usually happens to a lot of bands. all there old stuff is good then they make new crap albums, This didnt happen to the Orginal band member of Mayhem, they shot them selves in the head ate each others brains and killed each other before they did that.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
qualude said:
They haven't been good since "...and justice for all".
I guess it was when Hetfield learned how to sing...that'll ruin a metal band faster than anything.
Bingo!!!!! James was trying way too hard to carry a tune on that Black album, that was the begining of the end.

Dogboy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 12, 2004
Durham, NC
douglas said:
am I the only person that still likes Metallica?? (I do agree st.angered sucked)
Nope. I still like them, but really only for everything before the black album. I do think St. Anger was a slight improvement over their last few efforts.
As far as Newsted goes, he seemed like a decent bassist, but certainly not like he was in any position of authority within the band. Just kind of along for the ride, ya know.
I've heard enough good stuuf about Some Kind of Monster to give it a look.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Zark said:
What? You got something better to do? :D
Heh heh.

The last time I was in the studio, the engineer (Steve Albini) kept playing a 2 second sample he saved from St. Anger. He was enthralled in this record. He could barely fathom how a band could spend that much money TRYING to make a record sound that bad.

Anyway, he kept playing the sample in my headphones. It got the best of me, I actually became totally pissed and flew off the handle. It was that f**king tin can snare drum sound. I told him NEVER play that record around me again.

They finally let Lars tune his own drums, with terrible consequences. A most unforgivable record.

Zark

Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
H8R said:
They finally let Lars tune his own drums, with terrible consequences.
:p That sums it up nicely

And not a single lead on the whole freaking album. What did they tell Kirk?
"Here's a copy of Hustler, we'll see ya in a couple months." :p

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Zark said:
:p That sums it up nicely

And not a single lead on the whole freaking album. What did they tell Kirk?
"Here's a copy of Hustler, we'll see ya in a couple months." :p
Your avatar...sigh.

:(

Zark

Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
H8R said:
Your avatar...sigh.

:(
I know, I know. My avatar was updated to that the day it happened as a tribute to a fallen legend.

I saw Pantera 3 times live and more than pleased every time. Dimebag was awesome, and will be missed.

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Zark said:
I know, I know. My avatar was updated to that the day it happened as a tribute to a fallen legend.

I saw Pantera 3 times live and more than pleased every time. Dimebag was awesome, and will be missed.
I toured w/ them, probably saw them close to 100 times. Oh the hangovers...

He was a great guy, totally genuine. It's a damn shame.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
dh girlie said:
Uhhh...no...That cd sucks (as did the previous 3 or 4) because Metallica sold out and THEY suck. And yes, they are from San Francisco.

And I'm certainly not catty about where I live...Its much cooler to say you live in SF than San Jo...I was simply pointing out that you've f'd up twice today with your idea of where I live...with one location being so grossly off I wonder if you even completed the sixth grade...
You go girl :rolleyes:

IronJim

Monkey
Sep 26, 2004
Santa Cruz Mountains
loco said:
You are so catty about where you live. No one knows where San Jose is, so they just say San Francisco. Is it your fault Metallica sucked on that record??? That was the question. It really had nothing to do with geography.
i dont want to read this whole thread, so i dont know if any body has said this or not.
San jose is the 10th largest city in the country. it is much larger then San Fran. :thumb: