Quantcast

Since no one has heard of the fork....

J

JRB

What's everyone's take on a carbon steerer for someone that is 200 lbs???

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Considering wound-up makes a carbon steerer fork for tandems, I don't think it is that big a deal. Of course, mine on the crossbike has an aluminum insert.

damnit jim

Monkey
Jun 22, 2002
Find hell, make a left
I'm running a reynolds pro peloton with no flex problems at all, and I'm a bit over 200. However, I did drop a line to reynolds and ask about weight limits on the pro peleton, their response was "hop on fat boy and ride...ride like the wind" no not really but they did tell me that I should have no problems on that fork.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
I think the Easton is good. I have a Wound-Up, with an alu crown, which I feel safe on. I was thinking on upgrading to the Easton though. I just don't plan on using it for 15 years, like some people with their carbon fiber bikes.

J

JRB

Getting closer -

Sep 26, 2005 7:37 AM

On FedEx vehicle for delivery

TEMPLE, TX

J

JRB

Might as well show those sexy shifters I got last week. I don't know how good the good Campy stuff is, but these fukkin rock. :love:

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Bars are still low, and I told you when you got the 105s you should get the dura ace ones instead. One day, you'll learn that I'm always right. :sneaky:

J

JRB

Wumpus said:
Bars are still low, and I told you when you got the 105s you should get the dura ace ones instead. One day, you'll learn that I'm always right. :sneaky:
Yeah - I just remembered that I could have a 40mm spacer stack, instead of 30mm. I am sure 10mm will not kill me. Don't hate me because I am a rocket. :D

J

JRB

Pau11y said:
Looky perdy maing! Thought about flipping your stem to get some more rise?
I haven't ridden it yet, but it shouldn't be an issue. I used to ride like that. If it is a problem, I will flip the stem.