Quantcast

Since the paint was flaking off the rear swing arm of my bike in mass quantities...

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
What's that sitting behind your bike huh?? A little hot rod action? Do tell.

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
coupe pictures please.
Ditto. Inside and out. Your bike looks good too, but it's hot rod.

I have a '51 Buick Roadmaster that's getting re-done. I want to pick up an older rod though. We drove by on old garage and saw a 1930 Ford Model A with someone's crap leaned up all over it, rotting away. We enquired but the owners had no interest in letting it go, but no interest in doing anything with it. Sad.

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
I want a coupe, regardless of make, from the mid to late 30's through the early 40's.

There is a couple in town who drive around on sundays occasionally in a 30's-40's LaSalle coupe.

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
Mine won't be done for at least a year.......sometimes, if I listen really hard......I can imagine what my lumpy cam might sound like..........:nopity:

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
Ok, coupe pictures. The car is not a kit, it's the actual thing, the rust on the bottom was so bad, had to remove 1' of metal from the bottom. Only things that couldn't be saved was the trunk, so a sheet of metal was fabricated to cover where the trunk would be and was wielded shut and the welds smoothed out and the rear tail light covers and the running boards, also new glass for the windows and windshield. Headlight covers are original, same with grill and doorknobs.

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
With my plans, I'm pretty much going to piss off the classics, disgust the customs, and confuse the rat rodders. But, I will have my dream car, just the way I want it and I will be a happy happy girl.

Mmmmmm......suede black paint and stainless. :drool:

freeridefool

Monkey
Jun 17, 2006
medford, or
From the distributor location it looks like a chevy powerplant, but I cant be real sure from that picture. Engine looks to be done up nicely. What engine is it and what has been done to it? Im working on a 428 to ram into the engine bay of my 85 ford ranger that is my wheelin toy.

Bushwhacker

Turbo Monkey
Dec 4, 2003
Tar Effing River!! NC
Is that a Halibrand QC sittin there??? I see it has offset bells...oval tracking maybe? Sweet ride...car and bike. When all the paint fell off my Stinky I just covered it up with stickers...

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
There is a couple in town who drive around on sundays occasionally in a 30's-40's LaSalle coupe.
Are they old? You could wait till they die and then try to pick it up at estate sale :biggrin: