Quantcast

Since we're talking about new cars.........

Andyman_1970

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2003
The Natural State
I'll post mine.

I got this last week, after two days of negotiating and dealing with the less than pleasant local Subaru dealer, and 7 days of waiting I picked up my new Impreza 2.5 RS Sport Wagon……….

On my first tank of gas I got 27 mpg, so I’m pleased with that.

I’m getting Noah ready for his co-driver duties in the future.

Attachments

Andyman_1970

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2003
The Natural State
My favorite co-driver............he knows when we are at a stoplight and yells "go go go go" like a hundred times.............that's my special boy (in my best Dr. Evil voice...........LOL)

Attachments

Andyman_1970

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2003
The Natural State
It's kind of an involved story. I could have gotten invoice on the car and the options I wanted through my wifes professional certification (they are members of the Subaru corporate VIP deal) - but with the dealer holdback and the rebate that was still going to be like $1000 more than what we paid.

The local dealer was a pain, so I called the Memphis dealer and negotiated the price over the phone and picked it up 7 days later.

That said it was a royal pain in the butt, so next time (my wife's looking at a Forester) we'll do the Subaru VIP thing for sure and cut all the poo out.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Andyman_1970 said:
It's kind of an involved story. I could have gotten invoice on the car and the options I wanted through my wifes professional certification (they are members of the Subaru corporate VIP deal) - but with the dealer holdback and the rebate that was still going to be like $1000 more than what we paid.

The local dealer was a pain, so I called the Memphis dealer and negotiated the price over the phone and picked it up 7 days later.

That said it was a royal pain in the butt, so next time (my wife's looking at a Forester) we'll do the Subaru VIP thing for sure and cut all the poo out.
It's never easy, is it?

Last time I took my Outback in for service, the wife and I checked out one of those Tribecas. Very nice, but I don't know if there is enough cargo room. It was really cool for a 5 or 7 passenger vehicle though. :) I would consider that vehicle if I was in the market for a new car.

Jimmy_Pop

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2002
Phoenix, Az USA
I have not quite figured out Subaru. I'm selling my full size v8 truck in Jan 06 to my soon-to-be 16 year old brother and I want a subaru.

But subaru does not seem to offer the incentives, offer low interest, unless you want 24 months or negotiate MRSP like other car makers. Is Subaru a cult following type comany or what cause they dont make it easy for the noobies to join the cult.

BTW, the local dealer has an 06 STI - that thing is beautiful ! 34,000 is a sh*t load of money for a car that you cant nego on. It's either a STI or infinity G35

maybe i can find an out of state subaru dealer in BFE that will nego on an STI.

Andyman_1970

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2003
The Natural State
Jimmy_Pop said:
But subaru does not seem to offer the incentives, offer low interest, unless you want 24 months or negotiate MRSP like other car makers. Is Subaru a cult following type comany or what cause they dont make it easy for the noobies to join the cult.
They don't have the volume of say a Toyota or a Nissan here in the US and as such don't have the margin that those vehicles have.

Jimmy_Pop said:
BTW, the local dealer has an 06 STI - that thing is beautiful ! 34,000 is a sh*t load of money for a car that you cant nego on. It's either a STI or infinity G35

maybe i can find an out of state subaru dealer in BFE that will nego on an STI.
An STi is a high demand car due to it's limited avaliablity, so you'd be very lucky to get them down to invoice, or $500 over invoice on one of those. The dealer here in Little Rock has them sold before they hit the lot.

As for comparing an STi to the G35, the G35 doesn't have the rally "genes" that the STi does, which is the big selling point for me.

Jimmy_Pop

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2002
Phoenix, Az USA
Andyman_1970 said:
As for comparing an STi to the G35, the G35 doesn't have the rally "genes" that the STi does, which is the big selling point for me.
Oh yeah, i know. There isnt anything that compares. I like that they are built in Japan. I like that subaru is involved in cycling. two years ago, subaru sponsored a regional race and had a STI on display. I'd had never looked twice at a subaru before then. Now, ive owned and build a late model EFI forced induction 9 second/150mph car with tons of custom fabrication and when i saw all the various aspects of the STI, i was a big fan. There is a TON of engineering packed into that little car. I have admired subaru ever since.

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Wow, nice car! Subarus are awesome.

I have a Forester and it's great. Lots of room, decent mileage. The interior is nice and functional. Nothing special, which is good for me because it constantly gets dirty with bikes etc. Enough room in the trunk to carry everything I own (literally) or have me sleep back there. I've driven it across the country and all around without any issues.

I had problems with my local dealer as well when buying. I got mine slightly used (current model w/ a few k on it) I went down there to give the dude a check for the down payment. I get there and he says "yeah, I got some bad news. the car is sold." He just sold it out from under me. I had a check in hand and he would have gotten the entire payment in the next week. So, I bought basically the exact same car 10 miles away for like 200 bucks more.