Quantcast

Since when is Guinness a light beer?

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
4.1????? I thought it was 3.5! Had a Guinness out the other night, and it actually seemed "refreshing" and "light". This is what I get, though, after drinking a few 10% Sierra Nevada Bigfoot barley wines this week.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
4.1????? I thought it was 3.5! Had a Guinness out the other night, and it actually seemed "refreshing" and "light". This is what I get, though, after drinking a few 10% Sierra Nevada Bigfoot barley wines this week.
You should give Mike lessons on not being a pvss.

Da Peach

Outwitted by a rodent
Jul 2, 2002
North Van
Yep, all that Irish stuff is pretty low on the alcohol. Kilkenny's in the 4% range too.

Good for gulpin.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
I am getting some of The Utopia for myself.
Had any yet? Wondering how that stuff is. Can't get around here yet. I guess I'll have to stick to the 10 yr old Tripple Boch that I have...

My daily drink is the 20oz Arrogant bastard... or Tequilla

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
Had any yet? Wondering how that stuff is. Can't get around here yet. I guess I'll have to stick to the 10 yr old Tripple Boch that I have...

My daily drink is the 20oz Arrogant bastard... or Tequilla
I'm with ya on the AB.... replace the Tequila with single barrel Kentucky Bourbon and you have a winner.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Guinness comes in a variety of different strengths. The foreign extra stout is 7.5% and is my opinion the best Guinness.

Extra stout is 5.5% from memory and also a nice drop

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
My Maxxis coozie trumps your Labatt's coozie.:brows:
I have a billion of those Maxxis beer coozies...they were "awesome" Plattekill 3rd place prizes for the entire year of 2006....

And on a slightly more serious subject, does the entire UK seem to have lower % beer than the US? I remember going into a pub in Edinburgh and was warned that the ale I ordered was 8%....

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Stouts are generally not high gravity beers. Less of the sugar is converted to alcohol which is why they are sweeter. Of course there are exceptions.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Mens health actually recommends Guiness over lite beers as it only has like 12-15 more calories than Miller Lite or Coors Light.

I'll stick to my Weyerbacher...

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
I like just plain ol' guinness. don't really care for the extra stout. If I'm going to drink something strong, I prefer an imperial stout like Brooklyn, Old Rasputin etc. Spaten Optimator has a nice kick too and it's a great tasting brew...