Quantcast

Single speed frame suggestions

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
A colleague of mine is looking for a single speed frame for commuting. Her total budget is 500 for a complete bike. To me it seems like its all cheap crappy steel frames in that price range but let me know if you have any suggestions.

Last edited:

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
Dante sells single speed commuter bikes in that price range.
Generic steel frames with basic parts but it's a commuter bike so who cares

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
Dante sells single speed commuter bikes in that price range.
Generic steel frames with basic parts but it's a commuter bike so who cares
:thumb: + rep!

In all seriousness, I'd suggest buying complete online if you can assemble it yourself and can find what you want. Trying to piece it together by buying the frame and all the parts separately will be *vastly* more expensive.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Travis how did I forget about your company. How are your frames? I will recommend the bike for sure.

Is it what you see is what you get or can you customize with a road handle bar and different seat?

Last edited:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
One of my neighbors rides one of these and said he was very satisfied for the price.
http://purefixcycles.com/

Not to take away from Dante's thunder, but these guys seem to offer a few more options in terms of colors and accessories, if those things are of importance. However, I have no direct personal experience with their product or customer service.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Man, ive been looking for a small Chameleon frame (half-assedly) for the last year. WTF did all those frames go?

I wish I could find a Chameleon w/ v brake tabs. My 10 y/o Unit needs to be replaced...

Hee hee...I said Unit.