Quantcast

single speed hub?

oxman

Chimp
Jul 2, 2007
im looking into getting a singlespeed hub for the purpose of dirt jumping and riding street. im having a hard time finding resources relating to what im looking for. I was wondering if anyone has done anything like this or would know where i should look to find more information.

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
i second this. mine has a little over a year on it with absolutely no trouble or maintenance. best $35 bucks i ever spent.
I've re-greased the drive side a couple of times. Dropped an odyssey driver in there for a while too. Super easy take apart to clean and re-grease.

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
wow, nashbar hub with odyssey driver?!...how?! do you have pics?
I had to swap out the 14mm ID bearings for some that fit my nasbar axle, but other than that, it was a snap... Just dropped it in and tightened it down. I had a 25T guardsprocket on my cranks and the 11T driver. A real good ratio.

Attachments

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Are you crazy? it's the same hub as the nashbar, only $95 more!
I'll paint TUFF-NECK on one for you for $50! :busted:
Those hubs are re-branded by several companies...
the woodman hub looks to be the same as the nashbar as well. I think shiggy or someone else on mtbr listed a couple of companies that resell that same hub for ridiculous prices.

edit: heres the thread. Btw, sittingduck, as the starter of that thread you are the reason I found out about and subsequently bought that nashbar hub. Thank you!

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=158876&highlight=nashbar+hub

niguet

Monkey
Sep 11, 2005
i have a woodman, and a friend has the nashbar hub, they look identical but my woodman hub is lighter and the bearings are MUCH smoother than the nashbar ones

sittingduck

Turbo Monkey
Jun 22, 2007
Oregon
How much lighter? Did you weigh them? I fail to see how the bearings can be MUCH smoother if at all, the nashbar bearings are very smooth.

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
How much lighter? Did you weigh them? I fail to see how the bearings can be MUCH smoother if at all, the nashbar bearings are very smooth.
nashbar is great!

hey, sittingduck can you post some part numbers for drivering the nashbar!

CreeP

Monkey
Mar 8, 2002
montreal bitch
bump.

i didn't notice this thread before. but i had thought of getting one of those drivers, figuring these things were fairly standard but, i wasn't about to try it sight unseen. thanks. or as they say in itallian, grazie!