Quantcast

Single Speed Roll Call !!!

Rip

Mr. Excitement
Feb 3, 2002
Over there somewhere.
Yeah was going for the silhouette action. Playing around with ideas for a project in the future.

The colored chains are pretty much junk, I wore out a red one on my pista in short order.

Last edited:

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Yeah was going for the silhouette action. Playing around with ideas for a project in the future.

The colored chains are pretty much junk, I wore out a red one on my pista in short order.
The long shadow is cool!

If you can stand the weight of a half linky, they be awesome.

Anders

Monkey
Mar 5, 2002
Carlsbad, CA, USA
rebuilt up my chameleon. this build i set aside weight and went for a reliable comp set instead. comes in at 30lbs.

im sick of dealing with chaintugs so i got a sette tensioner. when it dont slip its great, but it slipped 3 times on 1 ride :twitch: i may go buy one with a spring instead

running 32:18 and can do most climbs at the local trails, but ill need to use my fs rig for the tech climbs elsewhere

rludes025

Chimp
Apr 21, 2009
Here is my budget single speed. A old Redline monocog (110 spacing)
Never used it on the trails until this last week (to nice of a fully). It has made me reconsider a lot of things and made me want a nicer one..... damn

04sgsdh

Monkey
Sep 8, 2007
Hagerstown
A lot less ghetto this time.

Real nice!!

I never saw anyone else w/ one of these.
I have a VRS1.0 that my brother gave me, been through a couple 24hrs. and he pretty much upgraded everything xt-xtr. It doesn't weigh much, and I'm sure it makes a great single.

davidb

Chimp
Sep 14, 2008

really helps out with conditioning and making things challenging again. It's like riding a bike all over again in terms of conditioning and thinking you were fit lol

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
He's back!

I shoulda sent ya some pedals too...

Just got the bars back yesterday. Thanks!

Do you still have the pair of shims that go with em? They were in the bag of extras I sent. I need em if I am to run the bars w/ a standard (non-bmx) stem. Still futzing w/ the fit of the new bike. (it arrived yesterday)

LOVE LOVE LOVE the 29er/rigid/SS setup. I don't know why it took me so long.

04sgsdh

Monkey
Sep 8, 2007
Hagerstown
Thanks. Out of curiosity, I just looked up the VRS 3.0 in Bikepedia. I've always thought it was fairly new, but a department store model. I was a bit surprised to learn it is from 1997, and retailed for $1400.
People who see me riding it think the same thing....department store. Aside from the rear triangle cracking(2 times), It's a great bike. My brother and I are going to fab. up a new rear triangle for it, then it should be good for another couple years.

J-Dubs

Monkey
Jul 10, 2006
Salem, MA
I thought I had posted in this thread, but I went over the entire thing yesterday to discover I hadn't. Here's the fix.

Yeah it's muddy. It's been raining a lot lately.

Jeff P.

Monkey
Nov 13, 2006
East Bay, Ca
GenII SC hooligan SS:
Current setup with RS pike and misfit Fu2 bars:

Previous setup with a van32 and strip bars:

Just out of the box, my very first new frame...sooo purdy...

weighs something like 26lbs with pedals, the pike is not light in the slightest but it is plush.

bikeguru

Chimp
Aug 8, 2009

My 19lb flying machine... It's my first venture into singlespeed, and it's so much faster now than when it had 27 times as many gears! Love it!

johnnyru

Monkey
Feb 20, 2004
Slingerlands, NY
GenII SC hooligan SS:
Current setup with RS pike and misfit Fu2 bars:

Previous setup with a van32 and strip bars:

Just out of the box, my very first new frame...sooo purdy...

weighs something like 26lbs with pedals, the pike is not light in the slightest but it is plush.
Very nice. How do you like the misfit Fu2 bars?