Quantcast

Single Speed Roll Call !!!

Dec 19, 2009
bay area
18 year old Klien Rascal 34 x 22. Phil woods kiss off hub with eno freewheel. Ready to go next week. All rigid with original xt. Someday figure out how to post a pic. Straight up straight down.......straight to Peet's.

Jeepnut22

Chimp
Jul 15, 2008
Brought my '93 Bontrager back to life this past Winter. Rides great! Was a lot of fun building it up myself. Only thing I didn't do myself was build up the wheels...

Last edited:

owentking

Chimp
Mar 28, 2010
Mountains of Rock
Here's mine:

2002 Chameleon
2000 Z1 5 inch

A bit burly, use it for everything.

Nice. I have a very similar set up. Mine is white and has a Rock Shox Psylo. I love it. I had a complete SS laying around after I scavanged the derailurs off it for an AM project and then figured might as well build it into a SS. Once I had it built I fell in love with it and now I hardly ride the AM bike.

descente

Monkey
Jul 30, 2010
Sandy Eggo
i just got my morewood ndiza built up as a single speed. it ****ing rules. most fun i've had on a bike yet. i'll post pics when i figure it out.

i've also got a stp ss and a single speed setup on my ross rigid commuter thing.

1 speed is all you need...

Apr 11, 2011
Virginia
The Freebie,Dawes Deadeye:

The brandy new one(other than-borrowed-from-the-Dawes wheelset and crankset/BB),2011 Vassago Jabberwcky:

Last edited:

bean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Boulder
Thanks. My first ever green bike. I haven't spent nearly as much time on it as I'd like, but it's been a lot of fun.

Perfex

Chimp
May 28, 2011

1st pic) SS BMC CX02 Cross
2nd pic) 69er IRO Mia
3rd pic) 96 Bontrager SS (owned since new)
I realize this post of your BMC CX is about a year old, but I am looking to do a similar set up (same frame), I'm hoping to get some insight on how you built it, as far as wheels,hubs, gearing, ect.
Anything info would be awesome :thumb:

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
After 4 seasons on a 5.5" travel geared mtb I've kicked the habit. I was looking for a 26" trail bike that I could treat like a bmx if the opportunity pops up. I went to Oscar and he did good.