Quantcast

Single Speed Roll Call !!!

madbiker

Chimp
Jul 6, 2001
Nor Cal
I have an older steel hardrock setup SS, took it out Sunday and it kicked my ass, but I think I kicked ass too. Fun as hell.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
I finished transforming my Voodoo last evening. I think if I can pick up a halflink or one of those bling Shadow Conspiracy chains I can get rid of the tensioner. I'm still contemplating going rigid.

Close-up of the Spot Spacers...thanks Captain!

the BIG cheese

The STUFF
Feb 26, 2002
stick red
04' Specialized Langster
I started to dislike that ugly grey so i stripped it down and repainted it black, red and a little raw. I made my own decals in the theme of "1984" the george orwell classic.

slowSSer

mnoeky
Aug 14, 2002
Stepford
MMcG said:
Could you trail ride with the Cowan if you needed to do so?
it'd be a pain in the rear. shuttle runs would mbe more like it. still not sure what I'm going to do with it- only ridden it 3x or so.

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll

It's been posted in other parts of RM but it's true to it's s/s roots. Simple bike at it's best. It's my urban play toy/commuter/trail dawg...and I like it!

Polytics

Chimp
Mar 28, 2005
Vancouver, BC, Canadistan
Sweet thread... I'll see if I can dig up some pics:

Balfa Minute Man ('04 Raw steel) with a ghetto singlespeed setup.
'04 Z-1 SL atm but probably switching to rigid if I can find one long enough.

Use it for everything as I only have one MTB atm.

D

d-sop

makin a singlespeed for lake-jumping @ stanford. pics to come. stripped down, no brakes

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
Everyone's seen this before but..

02 Chameleon
03 Z1 QR20
Azonic 454 cranks 180mm
dhrings.com custom chainwheel
KMH 410H chain
Bontrager Crowbar XXL DH
Atomlab XXL Pro bmx stem
King headset
Atomlab Trailpimp rims 32/36
Misc big-ass tires

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
hey arsbars... do you have any bigger piccies of your 1 * 1 ??? what size is it - how tall are you... i m thinking about one for my wife... my research shows that they are available in white and black only ... did you get it painted / powder coated pink ???

looks sweet...

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
BikeGeek said:
I think if I can pick up a halflink or one of those bling Shadow Conspiracy chains I can get rid of the tensioner.
Tim, I got one of those Shadow chains. That thing is HUGE. It's a BMX chain, pure and simple. I think it weighs like 4 pounds. I'm either gonna put it on my BMX or sell it, I wouldn't recommend buying one until you have seen in person how HUGE it is.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Echo said:
Tim, I got one of those Shadow chains. That thing is HUGE. It's a BMX chain, pure and simple. I think it weighs like 4 pounds. I'm either gonna put it on my BMX or sell it, I wouldn't recommend buying one until you have seen in person how HUGE it is.
Thanks. I heard it was pretty hefty and ended up just getting a half link. Things a still a bit tight so I'm thinking I'm going to have to go back to the tensioner.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
partsbara said:
hey arsbars... do you have any bigger piccies of your 1 * 1 ??? what size is it - how tall are you... i m thinking about one for my wife... my research shows that they are available in white and black only ... did you get it painted / powder coated pink ???

looks sweet...
I think at one point Surly did a small run of Pink frames - you see them from time to time, but not very often.

Too bad you didn't get in on the Speedgoat.com raffle - talk about pink ss goodness - the 1x1 they are raffling off to benefit cancer research is the shiznit!

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
MMcG said:
I think at one point Surly did a small run of Pink frames - you see them from time to time, but not very often.

Too bad you didn't get in on the Speedgoat.com raffle - talk about pink ss goodness - the 1x1 they are raffling off to benefit cancer research is the shiznit!
actually we have 2 tickets in the raffle... i believe it s drawn at 4pm today... hell, i ll just win that for her :)

vwmtnbiker

Monkey
May 15, 2004
manasscrack
just finished building it today:

'04 planet x pitbull
'04 zoke z1fr
surly singleator
hope 140mm rear
32x18 for urban ruckus and trail havoc

will post pics as soon as i can snap some...

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !

an updated photo... new thomson stem and seatpost... truvativ team bar... wtb seat... i love riding this thing... 21 lb of joy... so much fun on smooth single track :)

before the summer is out she ll have a red CK headset, truvativ stylo SS X-type cranks and a red hope skewer up front...

SS rulz !!!

kicknitLivE

Monkey
Jul 12, 2004
Boulder
97 specialized M2, eno hub, dual 17, 19t white ind. freewheel, 32t front, avid disc front arch rival rear, selle italia SLR, manitou black, mavic 618's, Nokian nbx lite 2.2/2.0 (these tires ROCK!).

Working on a jig so I can replace the AL frame with a steel one, hand built by me for me.

Sep 28, 2004
Sweden
I am a student from sweden you recently built up this Revell 450R. I didnt realize that I shoulf post the pics in here so I started a new thread. :/

Anyway.. this is my new bike. The pictures should tell most of the specs, otherwise -> ask! :)

patineto

The RM Mad Scientist
Feb 19, 2002
berkeley, ca
Klein Attitude from 1993,,,Full Rigid...

I race it at Mammoth lakes downhill in 1995 with gears but no forks

this day is one of 3 single speed bikes I have

Custum made Xt hub body(much stronger interface plus "grease guard ready"), ussing a 6speedLX cassete(since the heat treatment on the XT is very dificult to machine) and a Bottom bracket treaded locknut to hold the cogs in place(the cheap 6 speed feature a treaded surface on the top that can be use to tread lockrings or originally a 13T sprocket ) CERO dish on the wheel makes it super strong and able to change single cogsets in a Hurry

Little safety wire work to hold the chain ring bolts from coming losee,,much better than locktyde if you ask me,,,
Oh 180MM cranks RULE!!!!!!!

resting after a little ride

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
patineto said:
Klein Attitude from 1993,,,Full Rigid...

I race it at Mammoth lakes downhill in 1995 with gears but no forks

this day is one of 3 single speed bikes I have

Custum made Xt hub body(much stronger interface plus "grease guard ready"), ussing a 6speedLX cassete(since the heat treatment on the XT is very dificult to machine) and a Bottom bracket treaded locknut to hold the cogs in place(the cheap 6 speed feature a treaded surface on the top that can be use to tread lockrings or originally a 13T sprocket ) CERO dish on the wheel makes it super strong and able to change single cogsets in a Hurry

Little safety wire work to hold the chain ring bolts from coming losee,,much better than locktyde if you ask me,,,
Oh 180MM cranks RULE!!!!!!!

resting after a little ride

Holy Moly is that a bike rack on a motorcycle!??

Nice!

patineto

The RM Mad Scientist
Feb 19, 2002
berkeley, ca
MMcG said:
Holy Moly is that a bike rack on a motorcycle!??

Nice!
Oh Yeah..

I made it many years ago and a put a Million milles on it carring bikes, skates,House, etc with out much trouble

this days I carries My little Balfa ,my Giant Dh(for sale) and hopefully soon my new Niclolai.

can carry two very diferent bikes(for example downhill on one side,track bike on the other) and a good amount of load

I'm glad you like it I was sure I guy like you will get a *kick* out of something like this

so Much freaking Fun

patineto

The RM Mad Scientist
Feb 19, 2002
berkeley, ca
MMcG said:
That's crazy! - but cool at the same time.
Dude that is nothing someday you need to what I do for FUN, the rack is super safe,,yes a little un-stable and prone to wheelie but i can handle it.

BTW - there is a 2003 Balfa 2Step DH Frame for sale in the buy and sell forum.
I found a "Complete" 04' HD size large exactlly what I want but the bank account is a little tyred at the moment do to the Nicolai and the little Balfa,,,

I can not stop dreaming about the HD

Now back to regular programing

crono35

Monkey
Feb 11, 2002
irvine
Fetish cycles obsession, NOS 2000 z-1 drop, random parts that were lying around. super ghettohacked bike. The BB isn't even the right size, it sticks out half an inch on the non drive side, but it's all i had lying around. Stole the rest of the parts off a bike that i sold to a friend that he left sitting at my apartment for 2 years.