Quantcast

Single Speed Roll Call !!!

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Okay, I am in. Kona Unit, with a bunch of after market Race Face stuff (Stem, post to go with the cranks). I do have two wheelsets, the stock with some Specialized Fat Boys for going to work, and a sweet XTR front with a Spot rear wheel for going to the forest, and schooling the local Aussies...

JohnE

filthy rascist
May 13, 2005
Front Range, dude...
Dirtjump, if you meant the Unit, yup, it is fully rigid. Where are you in Spokane? I used to ride there, burned up a lot of tires at Riverside, and at Mt Spokane. What a great town to pedal!

zahgurim

Underwater monkey
Mar 9, 2005
lolAsia
Here's my play SS, built her a couple days ago.
Heavy, but fun as hell!

Identiti 666X. 36-16, rolling on 24"s.

Did a custom jobbie seting it up with a gyro to work with the disc, works great!
And I have a Funn rigid 20mm fork coming for her soon...

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
zahgurim said:
Here's my play SS, built her a couple days ago.
Heavy, but fun as hell!

Identiti 666X. 36-16, rolling on 24"s.

Did a custom jobbie seting it up with a gyro to work with the disc, works great!
And I have a Funn rigid 20mm fork coming for her soon...

What is that fork you have on it now?

zahgurim

Underwater monkey
Mar 9, 2005
lolAsia
MMcG The fork is a DNM, good for 120mm.

DNM doesn't make this one anymore, and my shop picked a few up on clearance. They tossed me this one to test out for them, and I'm actually pretty surprised at it.
It has taken quite a beating and has held up ok for being a cheapish fork. Although the bushings crapped out on it fairly fast and it developed a bit of play, it hasn't gotten any worse and going through the travel still feels pretty good.
I'll toss it onto the frame I'm building for my girl, she won't kill it.

skajumper

Chimp
Mar 22, 2005
Yep, just joined the single speed club. I couldnt be ****ed taking my cassette apart so i just left it on there and took the derailer off. I have been warned about possible dangers from that but with the tension that i have managed to get, i doubt that chain is going anywhere. But yeah, took it for a little spin today, loved it. Ill put some pics up soon i hope.

Single speed looks as if its going to last me a while. No more annoying chainslap, loose chains, derailer breaking etc. :D

pxmd

Chimp
Jan 31, 2005
dirtjumpP.1 said:
i want one of these... anyone got one
I just built one up this winter. I had to search the entire country to find one of the medium discontinued gold frames! (and finally found one in Minnesota) It's a super sweet ride :-)

BussaFrame

Monkey
Apr 19, 2005
I just finished my 05 Santa Cruz Chameleon. It has a fox Vanilla R and XTR hydro's, and I run 32x16 gear ratio. Pics will follow.

DiRt DeViL

Monkey
Feb 6, 2005
CNY
Main Ride:

Kona Unit
Manitou Black Super
Thomson posts
Azonic WF bar
Cane Creek S5 headset
Hayes HFX-Mag Plus disk brakes
Mavic X3.1 UST rims w dt spokes and Juju MZ hubs
Maxxis Ignitor UST tires
XT BB
Deore cranks
Crank Bros Candys
Selle Italia ProLink Gel Flow TransAm saddle
Salsa 32t ring
Boone 20t cog
SRAM PC69 chain

The green one was my first SS and the red is my latest project, a Cannondale M700 from the early 90's.

Attachments

Spudzie

Monkey
Dec 13, 2001
Hebron, ohio
building a '99 Kona Muni-mula to a SS

32 x 18 gearing
surly singulator

so far its fun but still needs a few tweeks to be right

pics to follow soon

philze

Chimp
Aug 13, 2005
With Duke, FMF cranks (34 X 17), FSA splined BB and Deore mech. disc (front), everything else std.

VA2SLOride

Monkey
Nov 12, 2003
San Luis Obispo, CA
Ok peeps....just finished building up my latest SS....29" Niner One9. RS Pike in front, Juicy 7s, 180mm Stylos, 2.1 Nanos, and running 36 x 17. Climbing on this thing rocks...anyone else out here in RM land ride a 29er?

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
VA2SLOride said:
Ok peeps....just finished building up my latest SS....29" Niner One9. RS Pike in front, Juicy 7s, 180mm Stylos, 2.1 Nanos, and running 36 x 17. Climbing on this thing rocks...anyone else out here in RM land ride a 29er?

How did you get a Pike to work on a 29er?

mtbslcruz

Chimp
Sep 2, 2005
Farmington NM
I have a santa cruz chameleon,free,32 x 15,sid 100 fork,knobies.ss is the only way to go.After I put my ss together my geared bike was never taken out agian.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB

Sorry about the size. One gear, no brakes, no suspension.... how elemental. I just built it up yesterday.

Arsbars

"Finger Lickin' Good"
Mar 25, 2003
Charlotte, NC
they aren't mine. Instead they are my friend/bosses. More photos to come as we have a huge ss fleet now.

And Fixies - The other white meat you know??