Quantcast

Single Speed Roll Call !!!

johnnyru

Monkey
Feb 20, 2004
Slingerlands, NY
I had to post mine again. I converted back to a fully rigid bike, just didn't seem right with the suspension fork. Now it's all cleaned up and ready to ride. Time to get it dirty again...

yentna

Chimp
Jun 22, 2005

Mine is the green one...on a weekend trip with a friend's P.U.S.S. (the pink one) this winter...

Bovine

Chimp
Jul 22, 2008
Surly Karate Monkey...My Commuter (easily transformed for trail rides):
Titec H-Bar, King Head Set, Bontrager Carbon Fork (yeah, I really need that on a commuter :)), Race lite wheels, cross tires and fenders and other random crap...

Surly 1x1...My trail rig:
Pace Carbon Fork, FSA Carbon Bars, Paul SS Hubs, Paul Levers, King Headset, Avid Ultimate V's, Thomson post, WTB Ti saddle, Etc...

Old Gary Fisher Steel Frame Coversion:
Mavic CrossRoc Tubless, Surly Fork, blah blah blah...

And the 91'ish Stumpy M2 (lower left) shown almost complete...

Last edited:

ManxMonkey

Chimp
Nov 21, 2006
I'd love to see my wife's face (or maybe I wouldn't....) if I brought one of my bikes in the house in that condition :redface:.

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
The Peyto. Was my geared hardtail for a long time. ~68 degree head angle, room for as big a fatty tire as I'll ever want to run. Very, very fun bike. Ran it rigid for a bit, but was just too uncomfortable for this wussy, so a fork was in order. Now has the stock Pike/Specialized front wheel taken off my squishy bike.

Seat is a Selle Italia SLR re-covered in deer hide/fur. A "gift" from my brother-in-law. Surprisingly comfy, despite the lack of padding. Made the most sense to put it on this bike, since I stand way more on it than the others.

Slack, tough, still fairly light. 42" wheelbase and chainstays ~16.5" = super fun in the tight twisties and on trialsy sorts of things. The closest thing to a stereotypical XC bike that I have. It's fast and fun. 2.35" Nevegal in back, 2.5" Blue Groove up front.

Mish mash of parts. Juicy-3 brakes, Thomson stem, Sunline bar, generic post (turned out to be lighter than the Thomson post I had...) Hugi rear hub with a Mavic 519 rim. Cheapy cranks with a ti square taper BB. Ritchey pedals. Cane Creek S-3 headset. Hope seat collar. 185mm/140mm front/rear rotors. Lock on grips. Surly stainless ring and cog, 32x20 - nice and tight sans tensioner - have had no slippage, and looks like I'll get quite a bit of wear out of things before tension becomes and issue. bottom of the cage is zip-tied on - cage bolt insert ripped out a while back.

Last edited:

KOReric

Chimp
Sep 30, 2007
Has anybody heard of Bears bike drag? R they as good as black market? Cant find any reviews on them.

tfree120

Chimp
Jun 11, 2007
Towson
I'll post some pics of the bikes later but I have a blk mrkt riot and a voodoo dambala. Both single speed. Only geared bike is my downhill race bike. Single speed is the best.

velo-love

Chimp
Oct 10, 2008
Voodoo Limba w/Carbon fork
Paul Components Hubs (disk fhub, disk word), Salsa delgado disc rim
White Ind 18t freewheel
Salsa bell lap bars
Easton ec90 stem
Avid BB7 calipers
FSA SL crankset w/ 46t chainring
Carbon seatpost
Selle Italia SLR Saddle

Last edited:

j2d013

Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
G' Vegas,SC
I'm in.... I have a P2 for urban and pump track and just built a Trek 1200 single speed for a commuter. I will post pics ASAP. Nice Voodo

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
2009 Marin Pine Mountain 29er - steel 29er SS with 100mm Reba - just arrived for 29er forum review and testing! Stay tuned for the full report and better photos in a few!

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
I don't have a stand-alone pic, but here she is in my garage:

N-Zone 28:16. Had it for years and still lovin it!

Klunkerboy

Chimp
May 17, 2007
West Coast
Gots a first year Redline Mono-cog, currently clamped to the trainer exer-cycle until my fatted carcass is in better shape to go climbing the loco hills around me :O

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Been running the Mentals FTW, but they needed suitable cranks, so some Saints went on tonight.

I wanted a 1K beater commuter/bar bike and have gone over budget, but new wheels and brakes are me and my Surly are gonna be even happier.

Feb 1, 2008
mavisdale,va
Have you finished the MC Flight yet?
sadly,no...it sits in the same spot.

the dump truck i drive has been breaking almost weekly lately,plus paving season's almost over...looks like i may be looking at spring,at least for the major items,but i have been gathering up tidbits like BB and such.

thanx for remembering,lol,that kinda brightened my eve:cheers: (the day sucked pretty hard-long story).when i get close,i'll post it here and there:biggrin:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
sadly,no...it sits in the same spot.

the dump truck i drive has been breaking almost weekly lately,plus paving season's almost over...looks like i may be looking at spring,at least for the major items,but i have been gathering up tidbits like BB and such.

thanx for remembering,lol,that kinda brightened my eve:cheers: (the day sucked pretty hard-long story).when i get close,i'll post it here and there:biggrin:
The reason I remember is that I was just about ready to buy that thing, but you beat me to it! LOL

Cheers,

Mark

Feb 1, 2008
mavisdale,va
The reason I remember is that I was just about ready to buy that thing, but you beat me to it! LOL

Cheers,

Mark
LOL,you know i got a pm this week asking about it too over on dirt rag from the sellers brother.apparently,he wuz gunna buy it too:panic:...good thing for me i was fast.

i kinda feel bad about it tho,had i known it was gunna sit the winter,i woulda let somebody w/ better finances have it:poster_oops: