Quantcast

Singlespeed Cassette Disc Hubs

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Mackie said:
Front is Formula, rear is One-one/Novatec/Nashbar, etc......
I don't know. Compare the IRO rear to the pics in post #16. The IRO ramps up where it meets the flange on both sides, the On-One only has it on one side.

As a side note, Brant at On-One said that they're not doing more of the hubs. I'm guessing it's because of Novatec "stealing" the design and selling it to other companies who then turn around and undercut the On-One price.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Mackie said:
Just repeating what I heard from someone "In the know" over on rec.bicycles.tech. You could be right.
It's always interesting to see companies selling rebranded stuff, especially when the prices are sometimes very different. Sure, I might get some laughs from the "cool kids" :rolleyes: for my Nashbar hub, but I got the hub and a new Thomson post for the price of the name-brand hub. :)

CreeP

Monkey
Mar 8, 2002
montreal bitch
Mackie said:
Just repeating what I heard from someone "In the know" over on rec.bicycles.tech. You could be right.
i think your source needs to get their eyesight checked, at the very least they use different molds for the hubshell, the flange spacing can't be the same, if you notice how the disc mount is made.

CreeP

Monkey
Mar 8, 2002
montreal bitch
found this:

msrp 170- thread on cog, 14 or 10 mm axle, not sure of dropout spacing but greasycomb distro lists em under mountainbike components; and 36 or 48 spoke.

in case it was too obscure, the company is Revell.
The hubs are very very similar to the Proper bmx hub.

Mudflaps

Chimp
Mar 15, 2006
Western OR
Having built dozens of wheels on XT hubs, the dimensions you list for XT are incorrect on the center-to-right flange. The true dimensions (center-to-right flange) are between 19-21.5 mm, depending on the era of XT hub, i.e. 7,8,or 9 speed. The dimensions for the left-to-center sound about right.
Toshi said:

heavy tho!

nashbar ss disc:

i don't see how these measurements are possible, but if true then the ss hub actually has a narrower flange width than the xt...

xt disc for comparison:

bigdonut

Chimp
Mar 10, 2005
PHX
I got one of the regular MTB rear hubs off Ebay about a year and half ago. Totally loved the engagement but I messed up one of the bolt holes and the cassette body. I haven't tried to get parts for it yet. They aren't cheap but I would like to get the SS version!

Spitfired

Monkey
Jun 18, 2004
Rochester, NY
New hub from Halo.
They told me production will be done around the end of april.
BTI said not to expect them in the states for around 4 months.
Looks like an awesome setup though.

CreeP

Monkey
Mar 8, 2002
montreal bitch
I found another hub to add to this topic. actually a few but only one off the top of my head. As this is a bit of a repository i hope there aren't any dicks who get annoyed for resuscitating an older thread.

so down to business.

Last hub:

it looks too good not to use the large pic.

7075 driver in 11t 12t 14t.
~450g
made in Germany?

dishless (35.5 centre to each flange)
36h only

CreeP

Monkey
Mar 8, 2002
montreal bitch
Since this thread was started Hope has introduced their Pro2 in a singlespeed version:

also Industry Nine has a SS option now.
QR or bolt on

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
i have a wtb and I9, both rule.

but the I9 engadgement even with 1/2 the pawls
removed is super fast.

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
I don't have a picture at the moment but gotta give props to atomlab aircorp singlespeed...they're sick!!!
Yes sir! I love this hub. Loud, light, solid engagement, and I like the driver as opposed to cassette style. It will also work with most aftermarket bmx drivers...

Nov 4, 2003

Click Me to Buy !!!!!!!!1!!!!!111!!!

Anyone rocking one of these? It's a dimension single speed rear hub, distributed by QBP, for only 120.00 at speedgoat.com (stole their picture). Here is what they list:

• Hollow aluminum axle with thread in bolts or can be used with quick-release axle; quick-release sold separately
• Four sealed cartridge bearings; 6903RS x 1 and 6902RS x 3
• Steel singlespeed freehub body
• Shimano splined includes thread-on lockring and two spacers; cog sold separately
• 6-bolt disc compatible

396 grams

Seems like a decent hub, if the engagement is better than some of the cheaper 8/9 speed offerings that people use. I also dispise freewheels because of their short life and/or high cost. Dimension does make a 4 pawl cassette body, but I don't know the degree of rotation for engagement in this hub. Can any of your shopmonkeys help me out on that? Even mtbr seems to be missing this hub... Wolf in sheeps clothing, or shortened freehub body crap? Please tell me.

Nov 4, 2003
Found two more, although they seem to be knock offs of each other...

J&B Importers carries a brand called Rockwerks who make a disc single speed cassette hub. Part numbers 38744 bolt on, 38745 quick release. But there seems to be no information about the hub or website available. On the J&B site the picture is just a red x, but the hubs are available in various states.

Formula Hubs has the DC52 quick release and DC52N bolt on both of which are boat anchors at 470 g and 501 g respectively. I can't link a pic of these either because Formula's site is Flash and I have no idea how to do that.

Both of the hubs look similar, like a cross between the Nashbar/Novatech/Woodman hub and the Dimension hub listed above.

That also brings to mind there are the Haro house brand Pivit single speed hubs, along with the Velocity rims single speed hub, which can both be added to the Nashbar/Novatech/Woodman category.

CreeP

Monkey
Mar 8, 2002
montreal bitch
Looks like th I9 is now available in a 32 hole j-bend wire spoke version.
http://www.industrynine.net/News/p2_articleid/10

also i've been seeing fresh ads for True Precision stuff, ss-disc included. Their website looks like the ancient one though.

Anyone happen to know if the Hadley singlespeed hub is compatible with axle conversion kits for their geared hubs? I'm curious about the potential of running a 12mm through axle. especially since the claimed weight is better than any of the other large axle cassette options.

Last edited:

slowitdown

Monkey
Mar 30, 2009
Anyone happen to know if the Hadley singlespeed hub is compatible with axle conversion kits for their geared hubs? I'm curious about the potential of running a 12mm through axle.
yes they are compatible with QR, as well as 10mm and 12mm bolt through

see here: http://www.universalcycles.com/shopping/product_details.php?id=9141&category=1703

but you'll see the weight isn't great, 455 g. the upside is that it's a Hadley, which I'd prefer over an I9 or King or Hope Pro II.

WTB's got a cassette singlespeed disc hub as well:

http://www.universalcycles.com/shopping/product_details.php?id=10655&category=1703

much lighter although I understand it can't fit more than one cog, whereas the Hadley, Hope, King and I9 can run at least 2 if not 4 cogs. I know people running 2 cogs on a Hope Pro II, on an I9, and on a King. they run 2 chainrings up front and flip the chain to the smaller front, bigger rear combo when they hit the uphill climb section of the ride... 32x22 climb, 36x18 cross-town/descend... on 29" wheeled bikes.

Last edited:

Hombre3000

Chimp
Feb 10, 2008
Palo Alto, California
Does anyone know the dimensions of the PlanetX/Novatech/Nashbar/Woodman hub? So far, I have the following, but I don't think it's right.

Flange dia 58mm (L and R)
Flange to center:
34mm Right
38mm Left
Spoke Hole Dia 2.4mm​

Any help would be appreciated. On One couldn't help me, amazingly.