Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Single speed

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • Ka-Jillion Speed

Votes: 4 19.0%

• Total voters
Sep 20, 2007
Champaign, IL
I was under the impression you had to run gears for slalom or 4x, but as usual im probably wrong hahaha.
I heard that that is no longer the case since they are trying to get the BMX/Dirt Jump guys into it to help grow the scene or something....

Now.... I will be running SS for now (haven't before) and will switch to geared if I feel that SS is really holding me back.

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
I heard that that is no longer the case since they are trying to get the BMX/Dirt Jump guys into it to help grow the scene or something....
Yep, they changed the rule last season. Single speed is now legal for dual. In fact, I raced my cruiser in one race last season and actually ran over the original poster (dan_wask). Little bastard ended up winning because he got up faster than me. I'm old. :monkeydance:

jasride

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2006
PA
Im gonna go single. But it does get tricky in certain situations. I think if you can rail tight berms at speed you can do well with a single, the only issue would be getting a good snap out of the start. So then you think, why not run a semi easy gear to favor the good start? Which I kind of wanna do, but some of these tracks end up having a pretty good decent where a harder gear is key. F**k it, I,m riding trails!!! or go carts