Quantcast

Sinister DNA Guacamole Jumper

RD3

Monkey
Nov 30, 2003
PA
This is my DNA jump bike, it has been in the works for quite some time. It has 4130 wrap jump bars made by Chris at Thick bikes. I had to wait for the Odyssey Guacamole groupo to come out to get the team grips and Jim Cielencki pedals that match the green anodized bits. The fork is a lowered Argyle 302 sitting at 60mm; it feels super good.

sama1ter

Monkey
Apr 29, 2004
The OC
NICE.
the guac groupo had me by surprise the first time i saw it...once i saw it with taht gold MDS, i was sold. looks good man.

to be honest, i think those bars are nasty...same with the stem.

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
WOW
Nice looking bike right there !! It's nice to see something new and refreshing !!! Very good clean build , one question what seatpost is that ??

RD3

Monkey
Nov 30, 2003
PA
WOW
Nice looking bike right there !! It's nice to see something new and refreshing !!! Very good clean build , one question what seatpost is that ??
Brad, its a Truvativ double clamp anodized in Guacamole. :)

mosplat

Monkey
Mar 25, 2003
Brooklyn <-> Oakland
beautiful bike. well done.
i really like the older dna's seatstay yoke.
and any part by thick is cool in my book.
plus you can cut them (the bars) down real narrow.
meanwhile the stem's drop counteracts the bar's rise.
and it (the stem) matches the fork quite well.
i can find nothing wrong with this bike.
again, beautiful, 11/10.:clapping:

ReVolVeRage

Monkey
Dec 28, 2006
MD/ NYC
I'm very impressed! Fresh guaco for sure.
How are those lowered Argyles working out for you? I've never tried one myself but word on the street (or the internet, rather) is that they are pretty stiff, so why would you lower them?:hmm:

RD3

Monkey
Nov 30, 2003
PA
I'm very impressed! Fresh guaco for sure.
How are those lowered Argyles working out for you? I've never tried one myself but word on the street (or the internet, rather) is that they are pretty stiff, so why would you lower them?:hmm:
I lowered the fork to get the stance of the bike to feel right. Without lowering the fork the front end was too high. It is a stiff fork right out of the box; the spring in it is the most heavy duty I have seen in a fork. It feels great lowered, very smooth feeling fork, Rock Shox seems to have that down pat.

RD3

Monkey
Nov 30, 2003
PA
beautiful bike. well done.
i really like the older dna's seatstay yoke.
and any part by thick is cool in my book.
plus you can cut them (the bars) down real narrow.
meanwhile the stem's drop counteracts the bar's rise.
and it (the stem) matches the fork quite well.
i can find nothing wrong with this bike.
again, beautiful, 11/10.:clapping:
Excellent Analysis... :) :) :)

RD3

Monkey
Nov 30, 2003
PA
man i am trying to decide if i want those pedals or not...i think i am going to go with trail kings but those are dope.
The pedals are kinda heavy, probably 100g/pair heavier than my Eastern pedals. I switch the pins around so that the longer pins are at the 4 corners, otherwise the grip isn't so good (which could be good for some types of riding).

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
The pedals are kinda heavy, probably 100g/pair heavier than my Eastern pedals. I switch the pins around so that the longer pins are at the 4 corners, otherwise the grip isn't so good (which could be good for some types of riding).
my brother runs them on his DOC and loves them, this bike is for street/park/dj only so i dont see mud being in my future...The easterns are nice as well...

I think i am gonig to go with some aircorps but they are so effing $$$...:banghead: