Quantcast

Sinister F-Bomb Double O Four

ufdff15

Monkey
Apr 13, 2004
Central Massachusetts
Here's my Sinister F-Bomb! It's not 100% I just need to trim the front brake line and bleed both then she'll be ready to go. Better shots will come when the weather cooperates a little more.

Here's the build

Sinister F-Bomb w maxle
Manitou Swinger X6
Rock Shox Totem Solo Air 1 1/8"
FSA reducer/flush headset
Nemesis Project Stem
Chomag FUBAR
Avid Codes 8"/8"
SRAM X9 shifter/derailleur
WTB Laser DH wheels
Saint cranks
E.13 LG1+ w/ 36t E13 guide ring
NYC Freeride pedals
Maxxis Minion 3C 2.5"
WTB Silverado saddle

http://www.pbase.com/jbangma/image/113073414
http://www.pbase.com/jbangma/image/113073418

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Except its lighter, stronger, and has spot on geometry. :cheers:
...and is much, much stiffer! Someone needs to post the vid Frank made of him standing on the swingarm. Only 10 mm of deflection, I believe.

While I am an expert in not much bike related, I rode the F Bomb in early May and it felt amazing -sprints so well.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Oh, I believe it. And I've always liked Sinister bikes.

I just can't get over how it looks. But I'd still ride it.
Yea I was a little befuddled by the looks at first - doesn't really look like anything special. But after talking to Frank about it I must say I am impressed. The devil is in the details.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
man, y'all got a sense of humor and will bust on anything else, but man you get touchy when Frank builds a bike that looks like a Cannondale.
I've ridden it. It's better and faster than a Cannondale. It's lighter, stiffer, and VERY well thought out. Might even say it's nicer than....a Nicolai?? Haha

In all seriousness, that is probably one of the best race bikes you could get right now.

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
Gavin Vaughn got 12th in pro on the F-Bomb at the open. Talked to him briefly and he absolutely loves it as a race rig.

Such a sick frame. I wish that I kept my money down for the first batch. Oh well, soon enough.

ufdff15

Monkey
Apr 13, 2004
Central Massachusetts
That looks awsome Jay, any idea on the weight?

How's she ride so far?

Thanks, it's a bit lighter than my R9 was and that weighed in around 41lbs. I'll try to get a weight tomorrow. I got it built up late yesterday and had to work a 24 hour shift today so hopefully this weekend i'll get a chance to get it out on the trails.

Last edited:

DirtBag

Monkey
Feb 1, 2006
It's only because the first run has all the frames spoken for, and to date I have not heard an ETA for the second batch.
I believe I got the last one, as in # 20. I am waiting for frank to send me the long awaited e-mail that says he shipped it. Of course that long awaited has only really been a week (but feels longer). I think the frame was going to go to a shop but I snagged it at the last second. I should have it next week. Just in time for the following weekend at Highland.

I can't wait to build it up. My Highline build is going on it plus a new X-9 drivetrain.

ufdff15

Monkey
Apr 13, 2004
Central Massachusetts
...and is much, much stiffer! Someone needs to post the vid Frank made of him standing on the swingarm. Only 10 mm of deflection, I believe.

While I am an expert in not much bike related, I rode the F Bomb in early May and it felt amazing -sprints so well.
Here is the video of frank

MVI_2418 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!@@AMEPARAM@@http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3562/3488043129_c6da4a8f44_m.jpg@@AMEPARAM@@3488043129@@AMEPARAM@@c6da4a8f44

any idea on the weight?

I just threw it on the scale and it was 39.7 lbs not too bad seeing the build doesn't include any weight weenie parts ........... yet

Last edited: