Quantcast

Sinister Ridge got some new parts...

RD3

Monkey
Nov 30, 2003
PA
If white is the new black then purple is the new red...;)
I am impressed with Race Face's new Atlas offerings. After several years of so-so products they have really stepped it up with their new product line. The Atlas 30.9" bars have been cut to 29" to make them more maneuverable between trees and rocks. The cranks are 170mm and weigh about the same as the Northshore cranks they replaced. To round things out it got a King 1.5 headset, Truvativ aka stem, and a few more purple bolts.

RD3

Monkey
Nov 30, 2003
PA
The aka stem is great. The weight is about on par with a Thomson, but at a lower price point. Can't go wrong by choosing one.

RD3

Monkey
Nov 30, 2003
PA
Can you snap a pic showing the chainstay yoke clearance with those rims and tires??
There's tons of clearance. Yes you could fit a 650b, if your into that sorta thing. ;) That frame easily fits a Kenda 2.5.

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
The AKA stems scare the piss out of me! Even with 28" bars they are flex monsters in my experience... I have some of the 75 and 90mm X4 1.5 stems coming here. You should do the same. A bike that nice shouldn't have a cheesy Taiwanese stem!

RD3

Monkey
Nov 30, 2003
PA
I haven't felt that much flex in the aka stems, not like a Syntace F99 or anything. For xc and am they should be fine. I agree a Thomson would look nice.

spocomptonrider

sportin' the CROCS
Nov 30, 2007
spokanistan
Cool bike, still climbable but I wouldn't be afraid to give it a proper thrashing. Gotta say though with all the other bling you have going on it deserves a Thomson X4 stem... Now for the obligatory ridemonkey question; what's it weigh?

Last edited: