Quantcast

Sinister Ridge

RD3

Monkey
Nov 30, 2003
PA
I made some changes to the sinister ridge to make it more xc friendly. New bars, seatpost, cranks, pedals, and tires. I had 2.5 kenda blue grooves on it before; great traction, but so slow. I really like the 2.35 small block 8s they roll super fast and hook up great even on wet rocks and logs. They would be prone to clogging up in mud with a lot of clay in it, but where I usually ride the soil has a sandy consistancy, the bike feels so much faster now. It weighs about 32-33 lbs now, it used to be around 38 lbs at one point.

:)

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
sweet ride man. i really wish i could get my old ridge back. paired with the 03 breakout i have sitting in my basement it was such a fun bike. too bad the guy who i sold it to will probably not want to part with it.

RD3

Monkey
Nov 30, 2003
PA
Is that the fun skinny rl saddle?
That one isn't the Skinny model, I used to have that one on it. But it was just too firm for a bike that you sit down on a lot (its on my ds bike now). This one is called the Launch and it has more padding, weighs in around 350g. Good seat so far.

mattmatt86

Turbo Monkey
Feb 9, 2005
Bleedmore, Murderland
I wanna get some small block 8s, they look sweet. You should look into a Nixon or Pike, you could prolly drop a 1lb+ and have more adjustability than the sherman.

what pedals are those?

RD3

Monkey
Nov 30, 2003
PA
I wanna get some small block 8s, they look sweet. You should look into a Nixon or Pike, you could prolly drop a 1lb+ and have more adjustability than the sherman.

what pedals are those?
They are Eastern bmx pedals, good grip, about 600g.

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
i saw a ridge frame in that color for sale in bootleg at the shop, something like $500 brand new, so tempting, but i've already got my new yeti coming.

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
RD never answered about the Kendas, so I will for him. They are pretty nice. Roll slower than a larsen TT, but they are a little bit gripper as well. Good from dusty-tacky conditons, but obviously in the real mud they suck. Cornering grip is suprisingly good, but the lack of open shoulder means that they do not drift smoothly, they can "chirp" a little. Higher volume casing gives them a nice ride.

BTW. Sparky misses his bike!

mdc

Monkey
Jul 8, 2006
Uxbridge
Do any of you guys know how the Ridges are sized? I'm able to get a great deal on a Medium Ridge but am concerned whether or not it will be to small ( I am 6ft, w. a 31 in. inseam). I sent an e-mail to Sinister,and tried calling but I'm guessing with their move they are a tad busy. My current bike has the same length TT but the Seat tube is about 2 inches shorter.

Thanks for any info.