Quantcast

Sinister Splinter ER

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA

Finally had access to a camera to take some shots of the ER.

I've finally gotten a solid 3 months on it. and I sure do like it!

With the build I have on it now it's 26.5# I'm probally going to swap the wheels for a set off my slalom bike to get the bike up to 28# and have something basically indestructable.

With the minute 4 set at 130 and the bike in the 5" rear travel mode I have what is near perfect trail geometry for someone like me who spends most of his time pushing the limits of traction on the DH.

Ht angle is 67
and BB is 14.25"
just a little bit higher and steeper than my r9, so the transition is very easy to make, and the bike hauls on the DH!
Big ups to FTW for lending me some parts to keep it running!

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
The 5th is a piece of DOODOO. So far I've lost rebound on it twice. I will be replacing it with a canecreek ad12 soon I think.

The bike rails all around, since I ride for Sinister (and penned the geometry for the bike) I'm not the most impartial reviewer, but I really like the way I have the bike setup right now. I have a lot of sag so it hooks up on the climbs, Their isn't a ton of weight on the front wheel, as I have it adjusted all the way low and slack, but I lets say I NEVER use the handlebar mounted IT switch to steepen it up on the climbs. DIALED IMO...

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
I've heard on the new splinter mx Frank is doing away with the pull rod design. Is he going to do the same on the ER? Just curious. I've got the mx and it's the best I've owned. The geometry and travel is perfect for me, couldn't ask for a better setup!

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
No, the Splinter FR is going to be a whole different bike. This platform is going to stay as well, but the current MX and ER are going to pretty much be folded together into a bike about the weight of the current ER but designed for long travel and big terrain.

A really light version of these bikes is going to get built too, for XC race use.