Quantcast

Sinister Splinter MX any info?

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Looks like there will be a new one this year. Anybody have any info? I have only found one picture and this info from Interbike:

Sinister bikes had this new version of the Splinter MX. The frame has 7in of travel and has the shock offset slightly to the left so you can run a normal-length BB axle and conventional 135mm back end.

I don't know if this is the new one but it looks different than the one on the website

zmtber

Turbo Monkey
Aug 13, 2005
all i know is that sinister bikes are awsome and what they changed only made them better

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
I don't know what the changes are but I've got the current splinter mx and it rocks. The new one would have to be awesome if it has any said improvements...

rigidhack

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2004
In a Van(couver) down by the river
The '05 Splinter is AMAZING (that's the one in the second pic.). If the '06 is any better it will truly be pure sex. The workmanship on these things is incredible. Plus FTW is a very cool individual.

Come to think of it, the '05 Splinter pictured is set up nicely with what looks to me like a Boxxer Ride (which would make the bike a perfect freeride and trail bike - in that order).

Marcus

Chimp
May 26, 2002
Surrey
rigidhack said:
The '05 Splinter is AMAZING (that's the one in the second pic.)...
If I can pick your brain for a second, would you guess if thats a small or medium frame? I'm trying to figure out exactly how the one I just picked up is going to look when done but its just a frame at the moment. I'm thinking it looks like a small.

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
The bike in the picture above is either a MXS or a small MX. I can't tell.

A 2" stroke shock gets you 4" on the Splinter in the lower leverage setting.