Quantcast

sinister to replace the r9

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
sounds like the r9 is being replaced next year.

who knows with what, but let me be the first to e-speculate: dw link coming to sinister bikes

pancho64

Monkey
Jul 28, 2007
yeah which is great cuz i just decided i wanted to buy one and they just told me i cant have one cuz its being redesigned....back to the drawing board. !@#$$%!!!!!!!!!

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
They are coming out with a new DH bike. Similar linkage, more adjustable and slightly different geo. If you want one you better place an order, they are making the first batch in a few weeks, should be ready around june supposedly.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
They are coming out with a new DH bike. Similar linkage, more adjustable and slightly different geo. If you want one you better place an order, they are making the first batch in a few weeks, should be ready around june supposedly.
Sounds interesting - no prototype pictures floating around?

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
I actually have the proto PDF's, but have been sworn to secrecy! Had a chance to get a proto, too, but my cash flow is too low and they won't be ready to test until mid-late summer.

Correction: proto will be around when Gemini2K said, think I built in the inevitable 'bike world' delay time in my answer!

Tmeyer

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
SLC
Make the Regular size shorter. I really liked mine but it just felt a bit long at times and the shorty was to small. Excited to see what they bring to the table though..

ufdff15

Monkey
Apr 13, 2004
Central Massachusetts
who knows with what, but let me be the first to e-speculate: dw link coming to sinister bikes

The DW link is not going to be featured on the new Sinister DH frame

and there are also no prototype pictures floating around because there are currently no prototypes. They are probably a big pile of tubes still at this point waiting for frank to do the magic he does.

pancho64

Monkey
Jul 28, 2007
bah if it was really coming out in june i would probably wait. but having seen industry delays a million times if they say june they really mean next june.

EM-EFER

Monkey
May 29, 2007
The DW link is not going to be featured on the new Sinister DH frame

and there are also no prototype pictures floating around because there are currently no prototypes. They are probably a big pile of tubes still at this point waiting for frank to do the magic he does.
We were asked to ride the new sinisters this season and have the PDF's of the new design.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
See, I find this odd. I've been hearing rumors that Frank is going to be parting ways with Sinister (from reliable sources that would be in the know on this kind of thing). And now Sinister is going to be replacing their flagship? I'm starting to wonder if this is more than just coincidence (and there may be some truth to the rumor)....

ufdff15

Monkey
Apr 13, 2004
Central Massachusetts
See, I find this odd. I've been hearing rumors that Frank is going to be parting ways with Sinister (from reliable sources that would be in the know on this kind of thing). And now Sinister is going to be replacing their flagship? I'm starting to wonder if this is more than just coincidence (and there may be some truth to the rumor)....
Frank is making the new frame so I'd really check your "reliable sources"

EM-EFER- I too have that very same pdf.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

I never said they were anything more than rumors asshat.

This being the case I am going to e-speculate that this bike will be the R10 :biggrin:

fred.r

Dwangus Bogans
May 9, 2006

It seems like lots of people have this PDF, I don't know how Sinister intends to keep this design under wraps if they spammed everyone with the new design.... hell, even I have the PDF. Someone will leak it soon, guaranteed.

ufdff15

Monkey
Apr 13, 2004
Central Massachusetts

This being the case I am going to e-speculate that this bike will be the R10 :biggrin:
hahah you called me an asshat! that just made my day. I was just saying your reliable source might not be so reliable, but then again they could be. Ya never know.

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007

R10?? They have to at least keep up with Intense, I e-speculate that they skip 3 numbers and go to the R12

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
hahah you called me an asshat! that just made my day. I was just saying your reliable source might not be so reliable, but then again they could be. Ya never know.
Haha! nothing like a little RM asshattery!! :D

Yea this is one of those ones that could go either way. A number of my friends riding R9's have ditched this year for other bikes. Oh the crazy crazy world of DH...

And Jim Mac, kiss my grits. :panic:

BTF

Chimp
Dec 28, 2001
Boston Ma
Ok 1st. There are some 08 R9's out there. Most went to dealers. We are working on a few projects. Every project is/or will be, in prototype stage only and not avail to the public. The "secret":hmm: DH for instance, was offered to the Sinister Team and satellite Teams for R&D. We expect a lot of testing before/if any version hits production, maybe 09. And yes some may have a version of a rendering/drawing. And it would NOT be cool if they were leaked. I respected you and would appreciate the respect back. Nothing is set in stone and the design has/will change if/as needed.

And Frank IS with Sinister....100%. Who ever the "in the know" people are, don't know. They are wrong.

The VST is coming down the road. As is a cross bike. Frank's new Trials frame, the WTF, etc. Exciting things happening at the Sinister compound.

The new Sinister web site will be up in a week or two. All the new frames will be featured.

I hope this cleared up some of the rumors. If anyone was any more questions and would like to by-pass e-speculation, you can call me anytime cell 978 360 5362

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Ok 1st. There are some 08 R9's out there. Most went to dealers. We are working on a few projects. Every project is/or will be, in prototype stage only and not avail to the public. The "secret":hmm: DH for instance, was offered to the Sinister Team and satellite Teams for R&D. We expect a lot of testing before/if any version hits production, maybe 09. And yes some may have a version of a rendering/drawing. And it would NOT be cool if they were leaked. I respected you and would appreciate the respect back. Nothing is set in stone and the design has/will change if/as needed.

And Frank IS with Sinister....100%. Who ever the "in the know" people are, don't know. They are wrong.

The VST is coming down the road. As is a cross bike. Frank's new Trials frame, the WTF, etc. Exciting things happening at the Sinister compound.

The new Sinister web site will be up in a week or two. All the new frames will be featured.

I hope this cleared up some of the rumors. If anyone was any more questions and would like to by-pass e-speculation, you can call me anytime cell 978 360 5362
Thanks for the clarification!!! Good to hear from the horse's mouth.

Oh I am so keeping your phone number. Expect drunk dials!!! :biggrin:

Jonkranked: "HELLLOOOOOO is THIS sinistaaaaaaarrrr bikez?"
BTF: (groggily) "uhhhh yea? isn't it like 3 in the morning?"
me: "when is you guyz coming out wit a dh tandem?!?!?!??! LOL!!1"

:pirate2:

rigidhack

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2004
In a Van(couver) down by the river
I still want a Poison (when they get released). Since my Splinter is holding up just fine, I can wait...

I may have the possibility to move to Squamish in which case I will likely need a full on DH bike (given that Whistler is 30mins away), so hurry up with that new frame!