Quantcast

Site upgrade: questions/comments/complaints.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
When I use the image button (using Chrome) and try to link an image/gif it always says "invalid URL" but I can use the method and it works fine......?
Uncheck the option to host on ridemonkey and that error should disappear.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Anyone else having problems opening NSFW tags on a mobile phone? Whenever I hit one it just sends me back to the forum page.
I'll double check on my phone... did you have this problem prior to the upgrade? Those dynamic tags cause problems for me on some other sites on my phone.

What phone?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Anyone else having problems opening NSFW tags on a mobile phone? Whenever I hit one it just sends me back to the forum page.
I'll double check on my phone... did you have this problem prior to the upgrade? Those dynamic tags cause problems for me on some other sites on my phone.

What phone?
Just had that very problem. iPad 2, whatever Safari version is the latest

monkeyfcuker

Monkey
May 26, 2008
UK, Carlisle
It used to be a little funny before the upgrade, when I hit the tag it would take me to the top of the page which i could handle, this is irritating tho especially when I'm getting poor reception. iPhone 3GS if it matters, latest software. Cheers.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Okay, I'll look into it. Weird because that piece of code I wrote for the tag carried over in the upgrade; it's no different now than it was before. Must be something in the new style that is causing an issue.

Incidentally, I have a running list of things we're working on, and virtually everything in this thread is on it. We're not moving back to the single-post linking (most people like this way better, including myself), and there will be no widescreen-friendly layout, a couple other small things aren't on the list... but all the major stuff, and all the functional stuff, is being worked on.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Tab navigation on that list?

Type>Tab>Enter is so much easier than Type>Move mouse to click the "Post Quick Reply" button. Just saying.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
what's the ETA for the mobile skin? new layout takes longer to load, and if i try to click a link before the page finishes loading, the pages jumps to the top and the click doesn't register the right link that i clicked.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
There used to be an option for "whats new" in the classifieds, allowing you to choose how far back you want to view ads. This worked like a "latest ads" feature and worked across all categories.

It doesn't seem to be included in the update.
Bump.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Another bug: when there are attached files in a multi-page thread clicking the last page icon is extremely difficult.

Screen shot 2011-10-11 at 6.33.49 AM.png

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
what's the ETA for the mobile skin? new layout takes longer to load, and if i try to click a link before the page finishes loading, the pages jumps to the top and the click doesn't register the right link that i clicked.
I'm not giving an ETA on the mobile skin. We're not moving on that until we have a lot of the changes nailed down in the beta site, then moved here and soaked for a little while. One thing at a time.

Ahhhh. I was getting tired of typing IMG tags. Derp...
One of the fixes is to uncheck that box by default. It's obnoxious, I know - I didn't catch it during the beta testing.

Another bug: when there are attached files in a multi-page thread clicking the last page icon is extremely difficult.

View attachment 108342
That'll be changed; a lot of that long block of text under the thread title is going away. It only happens now on threads with long usernames as the original poster.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I see that. That isn't what I was talking about.
You used to be able to select "whats new?" and sort by 'last visit, 1 day, 3 days, etc.) and view all adds in all categories. Not just the most recent 5 posts. I used that feature, well, always.

If that sort feature can run with the new version of vb like to see it return.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Status update:

- Multi-quote: FIXED. Works the same way the old one did: check off as many posts as you want, then click "reply with quote" on any one of them.

- Classifieds 404 errors: FIXED. Some links in the classifieds, including the login box, generated 404 errors. These have been corrected.

- New Posts navigation link: FIXED. The sub-navigation bar remains when clicking the "New Posts" link.

- News Ticker: FIXED. A few of the images were not being embedded correctly when posting news articles.

- Attachments: FIXED. There were multiple problems with attachments - embedding didn't work past a certain size, thumbnails were huge, the checkbox to attach an image from a URL directly (which was checked by default). These have been corrected and the checkbox removed (we locally cache a copy anyway so it wasn't necessary).

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
If you still have the checkbox, it's because it is cached. It's gone on three machines and four browsers on three networks in two countries so I'm pretty confident it's just a local issue with your machine :D

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Status update:

- Classifieds sub-navigation: FIXED. The sub-navigation bar that has the "what's new" entry among others has been restored.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
am i not seeing the "my ads" still?
also if anything has been typed in the reply box and you try and close a tab, the "are you sure you want to navigate away" popup appears......or is that just my computer? :rolleyes:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
No, that's normal and is to prevent people from accidentally closing a tab where they have work saved. I like it, anyone else not like this new feature?

Noted the "my ads" feature missing. Will look into it.

Also, edited the OP with a status list of the fixed/open/closed items.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
For the first time in YEARS I just got a pop-up ad while browsing the site. Not sure if that has anything to do with the work you did, or if it can even be addressed, but I just thought it was very strange to get one all of a sudden.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Double clicking next to the title of threads in the New Posts search results brings up an in-line thread title editor (that doesn't function since I'm not a mod). This doesn't happen on the forum listings, only in the search results.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
I can see the new urls now end with /f6/

Is it possible to not have the last / I love to just do alt + d and change between forums that way by just changing the forum number.