Quantcast

* sitter date *

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Woke up at 5:00 to a crying kid and a barfing dog. Kid has an ear infection so crying is to be expected, but the dog, no clue what’s up with her, probably ate too many snacks the kid dropped.

Had big plans today, will probably get nothing done.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
looks like we are doing another refi with the loan rate drop. It will lower my payments by $150-200/ month or let me pay off the loan a few years earlier if I keep paying what we currently pay, which is the plan.
We just signed closing docs and dropped ours almost $500. Between that and the little monthly that the FIL pays out, it makes for a nice little stash.

A property we looked at a while back is still up and are desperate to move it. It's only .75 acres but they slashed the price so it's also only $6k with lake views.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Now *that* looks like a nice, functional design for a vehicle.
I own the 2WD version and it is mint. At work we have the short and the long versions (that adds a row of seats), all 2WD. We take them out on gravel roads and across meadows and such all the time and it is surprisingly good. Unfortunately the 4WD version did not exists when I bought mine, but I manage.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Checked snow levels at 6am when I woke up, which is generally too late to leave and still get up there early enough to catch an early chair - 8". Well shit.

Hannah was in full shit head mode this morning to the point that I had to walk away and wake Wifey up to deal with her because my threshold to throw child was about to cross. That's a hard point to hit, so... yeah.

Going to start the process of pulling baseboards and the floor today getting ready for the install. That will be March 1st, but I don't want to test my luck with not getting it done. Wifey is not complaining about living in a construction site for a few weeks, even though it was her idea. :think: Why women folk? Why?

She is also actively pushing me to just bid on the e63 at this point. She's been waiting for me to just show up with another fast car at some point in the near future. Apparently their is an informal wager between her friends as to how long we can actually keep just two cars. I guess she read up on it a bit and watched some YouTube videos about it (which is not normal for her) and decided that this was a good option. I mean... I won't say no, but I'm still really hesitant to buy a higher mileage German high-performance car again. Why can't anywhere else is this world make high performance wagons?
Pull up the YT videos from Hoovie on the high mileage E63 AMG he bought and scare her with those.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Damn, the kitten's nails are like razors today, she just left tracks up my wrist.

She panicked and jumped up my arm after the dog slammed into the glass patio door, knocking over a bottle of wine in the process. Kitten also knocked a beer out of my hand.

But in good news, I have a whole chicken slathered in butter and garlic roasting in the oven. Nom nom nom nom :cheers:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I believe StiHaka can officially call y'all soft.
The truth hurts sometimes. I don't mind riding in the cold, but I seldom sink to the level of desperation required to make slogging through the snow enjoyable.

To each their own. I suppose fat tires and/or studs would make it a less precarious proposition, neither of which I own.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
:stupid:

Though now I am tempted to see local trail conditions just for shits tomorrow morning. Though I suspect they are still in point-of-diminishing-returns condition on a real bike. But I may try just in case.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
The truth hurts sometimes. I don't mind riding in the cold, but I seldom sink to the level of desperation required to make slogging through the snow enjoyable.

To each their own. I suppose fat tires and/or studs would make it a less precarious proposition, neither of which I own.

Not saying I would go, just that Stihaka can call you soft.. Although once a winter I end up doing a ride in shitty conditions and always have a blast.

This year so far it has been wet rainy ride right at freezing temps. IMO some of the worst weather out there, largely because colder usually means dry.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Not saying I would go, just that Stihaka can call you soft.. Although once a winter I end up doing a ride in shitty conditions and always have a blast.

This year so far it has been wet rainy ride right at freezing temps. IMO some of the worst weather out there, largely because colder usually means dry.
Sti still has fun because he rides slow anyway, even on dirt.

The white stuff slows Tim and I down, being the WC level athletes we are.