Quantcast

sitting in the waiting room.....

pepe

Monkey
Jun 13, 2006
North of the border
Joe Pozer said:
the very first song I heard from Fugazi...I can't believe I was in high school at the time...
Lisa put it on a mix cd for me and it brought back high school. I kind of figure you get lots of old school tunes. That tune straight up rocks though.

Tell her hi.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
narlus said:
Some twat gave negative rep for this thread. If I have something bad to say, I won't waste it with an anonymous negative rep. That is no fun.:)

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
I showed up to a sold out Fugazi show once and started asking around for tickets for me and my girlfriend. I found a guy who was willing to sell me one ticket, just one. He told me he could only sell me the one ticket but he would give me two tickets. I'm like OK what the f*** is this guy trying to pull? Anyway, I gave him money for 1 ticket. He handed me the ticket and said turn around and look down. There was the second ticket just sitting on the ground. Apparently somebody had dropped it.

I thought that was really cool. He could have just picked up the ticket and tried to sell it too but instead he just left it for somebody to pick up and that somebody was me!

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
I missed this thread.....:mumble:

Fugazi, is one of the coolest groups of guys I had the pleasure of sharing the bill with. We played a bunch of shows with them, and they were always supportive of opening acts. They put on some of the best shows I have seen! If you never got to see a fugazi show, you missed, and are missing a huge chunk of energy you may never get to experience! Every show was different, but I never saw one that wasn't draining for them. They put every bit of energy on display to get the crowd into it, and then fed off of the crowd. An unbelievable band.

two thumbs up for this one!!!!!!!

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
fugazi are awesome... fvcked up got ambushed zippered in

that clip is taken from the dvd 'instrument'... i recommend the dvd to any fans...

they don t make em like ian mackaye anymore :(

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Seeing Fugazi was cool when they actually played music. They can really drone on about whatever's making them feel righteous at the moment, and that's not what I'm there to hear... I've always liked the more cryptic political/social messages and innuendos in their songs, and I think the music speaks for itself without exposition or narration.

I recall them starting "Waiting Room" with some extraordinarily loud staccato guitar into instead of the bass the first time I saw them...was kinda neat.

MD

PS Partsy, heard 'goody two shoes' on the radio yesterday, and naturally thought of you, you AUS-pirate...

partsbara

Turbo Monkey
Nov 16, 2001
getting Xtreme !
MikeD said:
PS Partsy, heard 'goody two shoes' on the radio yesterday, and naturally thought of you, you AUS-pirate...
:rofl: hahahaa.. adam and the ants... that sh1t is magic... brings a smile to my dial everytime...

ANT MUSIC

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
partsbara said:
fugazi are awesome... fvcked up got ambushed zippered in

that clip is taken from the dvd 'instrument'... i recommend the dvd to any fans...

they don t make em like ian mackaye anymore :(

haha this reminded me of the song "ian mackaye is my savior, not jesus" :thumb:

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
jonKranked said:
it was at CMU (carnegie mellon university) summer of '03 i believe.
are you sure 03? was that the show where "Burning Airlines" opened for them? Burning airlines was Jay, and Bill from Jawbox and Pete Moffet from GI, and was just a cool project for them.

if so I think it was like 2000, in the new skibo hall.... I thought that damn building was going to colapse! the floor was rocking and bouncing! What a trip!:rofl: