Quantcast

sixsixone kneepad question

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
Both models ROCK. The Tomcats are definetly my favorite DH kneepads ever. They don't move and pedal well. I prefer the Strait ones or the Veggie neo-guards if I am wearing pants though, as the knee cup on the tomcats is too large to comfortably fit in pants.

marlopez

Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
West LA
why the tomcats over the straits? do they offer more protection or do they stay up better? i was leaning toward the straits b/c they seem less bulky.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Hypernormality
Nice, but Dainese nicer for the sort of protection they offer (and more expensive :( . If you want ultimate protection at the expense of ergonomics, go Rector pads. Great for Vert and big stuff.

marlopez

Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
West LA
i ordered the kyle straits and they've been on backorder for the past month and theyre expecting 1 more month of backorder.

i want whatever has the most protection. while also being slim. im tired of my TLD kneepads sliding when i crash. this past weekend it costed me more scrapes on my knee and a swollen kneecap (i think) and i still can't ride.
so do you guys this its worth the wait for the straits, or should i change my order to the tomcats?

or does anyone have experience w/ the 661 moto guards? i'm thinking about getting the short ones and using the padlocks with them. they look like they would be pretty compact

Pegboy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 20, 2003
New Hamp-sha
I've tried the ones on the right, they were uncomfortable, didn't stay in place at all and offered a lot of exposure with little protection...I used them twice and threw them away.

Zutroy

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
Ventura,CA
marlopez said:
i want whatever has the most protection. while also being slim. im tired of my TLD kneepads sliding when i crash. this past weekend it costed me more scrapes on my knee and a swollen kneecap (i think) and i still can't ride.
so do you guys this its worth the wait for the straits, or should i change my order to the tomcats?

Are you using the TLD combat ones?

Edgy

Monkey
May 1, 2003
O.C
The main issue for me with knee pads is how well the pad covers the knee cap. I ve been using the Dianese for some years now and find that they are the lightest and stay on the best. I tried going cheaper ie. RokGarden and the 661's(just got those and am selling them!)
When you crash ...you're usually moving /falling forward..what good is the knee protection if they slide down upon impact. No pads are bomb proof...so I guess it depends on comfort level and protection level you can live/ride with. I hear that the TL Combats are compareable to the Dianese only less $$$!