Quantcast

size difference/comparison Stinky 2-4/Spec Grom Hit

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
how close in size are the stinky 2-4 and the specialized grom hit 24"?

I have seen a stinky 2-4 in person and it's small enough for what I am looking for, wondering if the grom is comparable?

bogusbill

Chimp
Oct 16, 2009
If you are looking for a Grom Hit? I am selling my daughters for 850.00 or BO. It is a 2008 model and is in near mint condition and all original except for grips. she just out grew it to fast. I can take and send or post pics. I will be putting it on Craigslist, Pinkbike, TGR and here over the weekend.

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
bogusbill i sent you a PM.

thanks.

I am leaning towards the grom, slightly lower bb, longer wheelbase, slacker, seems to lend itself towards being more stable for the little guy? I guess it may be a little more challenging for him to manuever in tight situations, but don't know how much of that he will really run into.

Also the idea of him having a smaller version of my bike (big hit III) may tickle his fancy quite a bit. I'm still the cool dad in his eyes, and bye golly I'll take advantage of that as long as I can lol

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
The Grom Hit is a great bike for kids. The Grom Hit is easier to dial in the suspension. The rear shock is air and the fork is coil and air. I took the coil out of the fork and run the fork on just air and its perfect. All my buddys bought Grom Hits for their kids and one bought the Stinky 24. The Sticky is way heavier by about 5-6 lbs.
I changed out a few parts like seat, handle bars, pedals, tires, and seatpost and it lost a few pounds.
My daughter when she was 7 at Whistler on her Grom Hit.

Silver Star

Last edited:

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
The Grom Hit is a great bike for kids. The Grom Hit is easier to dial in the suspension. The rear shock is air and the fork is coil and air. I took the coil out of the fork and run the fork on just air and its perfect. All my buddys bought Grom Hits for their kids and one bought the Stinky 24. The Sticky is way heavier by about 5-6 lbs.
I changed out a few parts like seat, handle bars, pedals, tires, and seatpost and it lost a few pounds.
My daughter when she was 7 at Whistler on her Grom Hit.

Silver Star
I was hoping you would chime in.

How tall was your daughter when you first bought it for her? How tall is she now? I remember you posting pics of her on the previous bike which obviously didn't look too fun on downhill or technical terrain.

I realize my son will grow into it, and I'm hoping it will last him for a while also.

So cool you are riding with your daughter at places like whistler!!

that's my hopes for my son and I, he's just turned 6 and is really into the whole bike thing, it's been a lot of fun riding together.

Anymore action shots of her?

I also like the idea of it being a bit lighter then the stinky, the lighter the bike the easier it is for little kids. He's just over 45 lbs, so light is good.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
I was hoping you would chime in.

How tall was your daughter when you first bought it for her? How tall is she now? I remember you posting pics of her on the previous bike which obviously didn't look too fun on downhill or technical terrain.

I realize my son will grow into it, and I'm hoping it will last him for a while also.

So cool you are riding with your daughter at places like whistler!!

that's my hopes for my son and I, he's just turned 6 and is really into the whole bike thing, it's been a lot of fun riding together.

Anymore action shots of her?

I also like the idea of it being a bit lighter then the stinky, the lighter the bike the easier it is for little kids. He's just over 45 lbs, so light is good.
My daughter is 4'6" now and the bike fits good with room to grow. She was about 4' tall when she started riding the Grom Hit. It was great on easy trails, but it was hard for her to put a foot down. I have a ton of pics, but they are all on Facebook. :) I changed the seat post, seat, and tires and it lowered the seat level about 2". The stock tires are big and the seat is thick. I do put the DH tires back on when we hit resorts though.

Skills park at Whistler

Crank It Up

I put smaller lighter pedals on it because she was hitting them all the time.

Ill post a current pic as soon as the sun comes up. I put some flat bars on it and small grips. Its sort of like wide bars for adults but for her.

Last edited:

kickstand

Turbo Monkey
Sep 18, 2009
Fenton, MI
love it.

I'm sold. Gotta find the right bike at the right price. Gonna be ahell of a christmas, but your pictures alone have sold me.

nmpearson

Monkey
Dec 30, 2006
awesome bike...there was a kid who came into our shop a few years back that was 15 but super short and had a grom hit like the one pictured. He just wanted tons of improvements like his friends. I think we ended up putting a dhx 5.0 air, lowered fox 36, juicy 7's, diety bar/stem, new wheels, x.9 setup, and better tires on it....the bike was awesome. the kid shredded so hard on it. I think he was 4'11 at that time. maybe up to 5'1

bogusbill

Chimp
Oct 16, 2009
I bought the bike for my daughter as a birthday present in 2010 (brand new) as my wifes old hardtail was too big and inadequate for the way she rode. Our children are adopted so to speak so we took our girl in when she was 12 and had never ridin a mtn bike before. She achieved a 2nd and 1st place finish in the only 2 races she's ever entered last year. I also take her and her brother out on shuttle runs and lift served riding and they become a lttle more confident everytime out. The bike was probably on dirt 30 days or less due to the fact that she participates in other sports at school and goes to camps for them in the summer.

love it.

I'm sold. Gotta find the right bike at the right price. Gonna be ahell of a christmas, but your pictures alone have sold me.