Quantcast

Sizing for sx trail

guytzuv

Chimp
May 16, 2006
Anyone who's around 5'6 (I'm172cm) had any experience riding a Medium sx trail? My previous small trail bike was feeling too small and I can get my hand on a brand new M sx frame.
Thanks

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
I'm 5'6" and come from a BMX background so the small feels perfect for me. I race DH on it and hit the XC trails w/o problem. However, I think a medium would fit fine because our height is right in between the sizes.

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
i'm 6'1 and i ride a large. it's perfect for me because i do trail riding as well. also, i tend to like bikes that are a little more stretched out. i've noticed that the sx seems to feel a little smaller, i sat on someones medium and it felt a little bit cramped whereas other bikes that were the same size did not, so i think that a medium would be the way to go unless you want a bmx-ish feel.

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
You 6'1" guys are about as tall as it gets. If you can ride Large, and even Medium (!), frames, then for whom have they made a XL? That big guy from the Adams family? He's not real..

Frikken Specilized. They make a frame size that fits like 1000 people on the the whole planet, tops, instead of making one for ppl that are 155-165cm. That's leaving out 9/10 out of all people on the planet, at some point or another in their grown/semi grown lives. That's bad business!

PepperJester

Monkey
Jul 9, 2004
Wolfville NS
I'm 5 10 and had a large SXT. I felt fine on it but it was really long, made it hard to manual. I now ride a medium Norco Shore, fits me much better.

For some one 5 6 a small might be the ticket.