Quantcast

Sizing Problem

ngragtmans

Chimp
Jun 2, 2009
Greenville, SC
Hello everyone,
Just a quick question. I am 17 years old, weight 165 and am almost 6'1, and I am running a Medium '07 Ironhorse Sunday Team with '08 Limited Black Boxxer World Cup on front and a new Cane Creek Double Barrel with a 300 pound spring on the back. Im getting a little tall for the bike and I dont know whether or not to look for a larger frame or larger bike. My knees have hit the fork a few times and my shorts got caught on my compression adjuster and pulled my bars to one side and basically threw me 20ft down a hill, that sucked... I'm sort of starting to get used to the smaller bike, its easier to throw around but I thought I check before next season. Anyone think I should look into a larger frame or bike?

Attachments

Viv92

Monkey
Jan 31, 2009
Australia
Lots of people have had that happen. One of my mates stacked it hard riding to the start of a shuttle line at a race. :weee:

Get some duct tape and tape from your bars to the top of your stanchion so your shorts just slide over it instead of getting stuck on the compression adjuster.

J

Monkey
Dec 7, 2003
San Luis Obispo, CA
I'd vote for a larger frame if you're happy with your build. If you're not, maybe try selling it complete and getting something else complete in a large. My buddy has a med Sunday and that thing is tiny on me and I'm 6'2".

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
at 6'1" you're probably better off on a large, but if you like the feel of the smaller bike keep it and get less baggy shorts. Looking cool is good, performing better is best.

Sundays don't have a high resale value, but you may be able to sell it and pick up something longer without losing much money. Are you done growing? If not, definitely get the bigger bike.