Quantcast

Sizing thread

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Could anybody help elaborate on sizing for different companies?

For example...last year I got a Troy lee and Nema jersey in size XL. The troy lee is tent sized, and even with armor it's just too damn big. I'm debating cutting it or something. I can't imagine wearing it without armor.

The Nema fits just right, over armor. It's a little loose without, but really fits just right.

How do Royal jerseys fit? How about Sombrio?

What about shorts?

My Troy lee shorts fit just about normal-34 is my pant size and the shorts fit spot on.

How about fox shorts?

It would be great to collect some knowledge, since I'm scared to order another jersey online and risk having another troy lee tent to ride in.

al-irl

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2004
A, A
clothing sizing is wierd. I have 3 pairs of Thor pants all the same size same model colour etc and yet they all fit completely different.

Monkey
Mar 12, 2003
180 LBS 6FT. Sombrio Shorts XL, Jerseys Large with or without armour. Watch out for the necks they can be a bit tight.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Have some Nema jewel shorts and the larges are a smedium fit...just remembered how those squeeze my gooch...wish I had gotten the XLs

illflip

Monkey
Aug 20, 2007
Newark, NJ
i'm 5'5" with a 29" waist, and 22.4" head

Royal, if you use their fit chart, are pretty spot on. but since the website is down, i guess its a moot point. XS in jersey and shorts are perfect fit for me.

Troy Lee:
- size 30 shorts(Moto shorts) were huge on me.
- size 30 pants(Day In The Dirt) fit perfect waist and legs.
- size 28 pants(GP) fits snug in the waist, short on the legs...but ok
- size SM jersey(DITD) fits ok...maybe a little big
- size SM jersey(GP) was big
I'd suggest going a size up if your inbetween in pants size and a size down regardless for jerseys.

Giro Remedy Helmet in MD fit snug at first then felt kinda loose after a season after the pads settled in

THE Carbon in SM fits perfect

Last edited: