Quantcast

skate style shoes for girls?

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
i was going to post this in the dh forum, but though it might be more appropriate here.

so what shoes are they on the market for girls? i am talking about 37-38 size shoes. one option is just to resole a decent shoe with stealth rubber, are they any other options? basically less costly, resoling would involve getting a new shoe, then resoling it which over here costs around £30.

is there anything decent from nike 6.0? their web site gives me a headache. what do you flat pedals riders use?

cheers,
Adam.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
I have a pair of 661 shoes (I think they were called launch or descend) that work pretty well. They do seem to run pretty wide though but I am able to tighten them enough to fit well.

Lefty Lucy

Chimp
Oct 20, 2007
Seattle
5.10 Impacts are pretty much the acknowledged leader in the flat-pedal shoe world. If you can wait 4 months, rumor is that 5.10 will be releasing a women's version. I know I'm gonna be all over that! They're great shoes with very grippy soles.

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
cheers for the heads up.

the shoes are for a friend, i am already on my second pair of impacts, been on them since they first came out.:thumb:

andres611

Chimp
Jun 28, 2007
Hey ladies,

I am not sure if I am allowed to post here but I have a question regarding shoes for my wife. She rides flats and i am trying to find her a pair of very grippy shoes. I ride 5 10's but I don't think they make any women's shoes. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Nadtorious

Chimp
Mar 27, 2008
Lake makes a wide variety of freeride flats in smaller sizes, as well as a few women-specific models. They're decently grippy, not really comparable to the 5.10's but I've never been too impressed with that shoe anyway.
When I'm dirtjumping or riding park I run DC Commands-they're pretty popular among the bmx crowd as well. Etnies make some really cool girls shoes with grippy soles, and I've run Nike 6.0's with luck before as well.