Quantcast

skatepark riding?

Spec8in561

Monkey
Mar 12, 2004
I am wondering how it compares to regular jumping...never tried it before so was wondering what I am up for. Just built a HT to play on..and wanted to try the park out...what is some easy stuff to play around on?

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
It can be similar to jumping but depending on the park, the lines can be better or worse. Just go to the park and see what awaits you.

More importantly, because you’re a skate park newbie, you need to know about park etiquette. This may come as common sense to you but you'd be surprised how many people are clueless.

http://www.crackedfork.com/newsize/etiquette01.html

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
Word. pnj speaks the troof. Before you get on your bike and start riding around the park, stand there for at least 15 minutes and watch the lines that people are taking. Don't cross the lines man, go with the flow :cool:

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
Just head out to the park and ride. Just try to flow through and pump the transititions and get comfortable with the bike and park. Most people seem to be pretty easy going and are willing to give advice about how to do do tricks or hit certain lines. Watch other riders(both the 20" and 26") and you will be able to pick up stuff.

Head out to QW. The park is a little small, but it is a good place to get comfortable with the bike and riding a park. Bike nights at QW is Thursday and Saturday.

We rode QW tonight and there was a decent turnout of guys on 26's. There should be another gathering next Thursday, come out and join us. We all pretty much suck, but we have a lot of fun.

Spec8in561

Monkey
Mar 12, 2004
I am building up a HT this week for a play bike, so I will make it out there soon..I have no problem skating a park (skated for 15 years) so I will give it a try and see whats up..

Originally posted by Salami
Just head out to the park and ride. Just try to flow through and pump the transititions and get comfortable with the bike and park. Most people seem to be pretty easy going and are willing to give advice about how to do do tricks or hit certain lines. Watch other riders(both the 20" and 26") and you will be able to pick up stuff.

Head out to QW. The park is a little small, but it is a good place to get comfortable with the bike and riding a park. Bike nights at QW is Thursday and Saturday.

We rode QW tonight and there was a decent turnout of guys on 26's. There should be another gathering next Thursday, come out and join us. We all pretty much suck, but we have a lot of fun.

konascab4444

Chimp
Feb 12, 2003
Saratoga
yeah man just flow with the park but you should watch the other riders for a little bit see the lines cuz if you snake someone they will be wicked pissed

Sep 17, 2003
that is the best peice of information ever written on sk8park etiquette.....everyone should read it. coming from a sk8boarding background, all of that is second nature to me. I hate it when someone is just bulldozing around out of control and cutting off people and their lines..just go to a park, be cool, polite, and watch the lines.
to add one thing to that peice, when waiting in line to drop in or if there seems to be no order, just ask those around you, "who's next" and ask if you can go after them.
common courtesy is a beautiful thing..