Quantcast

Skeet gun

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
Picked up skeet shooting. I have been shooting a weatherby auto loader, but it's by dads.I want to get an over under that I can get fitted and ported and win some club skeet matches with(3-4 days a week, I used to shoot target rifles and know what kind of commitment it takes, I have a shot shell press and am reloading) if I do get good enough to start shooting in the 95-100 range I'll probably get into shooting sporting clays and am going to want a gun that will work for that. I don't care about how pretty the wood is on the stock, or how much inlay there is in the stock. I want a gun that goes bang every time with a nice trigger and action

I know basically nothing about shotguns other than that they are way to expensive and my 500$ russian 20 gauge over under feels like a piece.

kingbee

Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Ohio
Custom fit, ported O/U you are going to spend at least 3-5k.

All I really do is shotgunning. Sporting clays and duck hunting keep me busy year round. I have a Baikal 12ga O/U I bought for $300 probably 8 years ago. I have put thousands of rounds through it and have never had one issue. Its not the nicest, most balanced gun in the world. But I shoot really well with it. I have beat guys shooting 4k custom guns at sporting clays with my cheap gun.

Go to a place with a lot of guns and hold them, see what shoulders naturally. Shoot other peoples guns and see what you shoot well.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
Custom fit, ported O/U you are going to spend at least 3-5k.

All I really do is shotgunning. Sporting clays and duck hunting keep me busy year round. I have a Baikal 12ga O/U I bought for $300 probably 8 years ago. I have put thousands of rounds through it and have never had one issue. Its not the nicest, most balanced gun in the world. But I shoot really well with it. I have beat guys shooting 4k custom guns at sporting clays with my cheap gun.

Go to a place with a lot of guns and hold them, see what shoulders naturally. Shoot other peoples guns and see what you shoot well.
Funny because I have a baikal 20 guage OU that's too small for me now, and my air pistol is a single stroke pneumatic that drives tacks like a nice hammerli. Only problem is that the shotgun it fits like crap (and it's a 20) and so does my dads stoger

There's a guy who costom fits shotgun stocks at the gun club who will do it for much less money. I ended up picking up a lambert for super cheep. Should have a nice skeet gun when all is said and done, after getting chokes and having my stock messed with I should be out the door for around a G

Last edited: