Quantcast

ski bike

miker23

Chimp
Aug 9, 2006
posted this up over at busted spoke but thought id shaare with you all as well, i relize its early in the season but i just finished this up and i relize that there are no pegs or whatever to put feet on, i havent really thought of what to do that with yet, IMO its usable as is but..... anyway here it is, very homemade and very free.

comments/suggestions welcome

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Interesting. I used a ski bike for the first time this last winter. It was a freaking blast. I think this winter I am going to buy the kit they sell for about $200 to have it fit any bike (even full suspension with 20mm). But yeah, creative design.

I also talked to the manufacture of the ski bike kits and we can do a groub buy. Get an even better deal. Here is the old thread I made:

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142020&highlight=ski+bike

Didnt get any of the bikes, but it was still a lot of fun.

My buddy Jamie P.

L

luelling

My friend has a BMX bike that uses a snowboard instead of skis.....its a lot of fun to ride!! When you straight shoot the hill it can get scary!

miker23

Chimp
Aug 9, 2006
What do you use for brakes? Do you do it like snowboarders, and just twist to stop?
thats a good question... having never really ridden a ski bike of any sort i would assume that i just try to stop like snowboarding, that being said i should have feet free of any binding so im not to worried

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
You carve with the back end. Atleast thats the way I found worked best. You can also use your feet in desparate situations too, but the carving really works best.

L

luelling

I mostly went straight....REALLY fast and then crashed...it was fun. Kinda like being a kid on a sled