Quantcast

Ski Bikes - Lets start a gang

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Alright guys, I saw this and I was sold on getting on. Click on the link below to watch the video:

CLick here to watch the video
8mb

Basically, I talked to the company owner and he said he can give us a wholesale discount if we have 6 or more orders at least equaling $1,200. Here is the pricing:

For the full kit:

Normally $299.95
Discounted price per kit is $200.00

For the Brackets, Pegs, and hardware (with no skis - you can make your own):

Normally $129.95
Discounted price of $95.00

Also, for you 20mm front axle guys they make adaptors for the forks:

The normal price is $24.95 and this should be discounted as well.

If anyone is into the idea let me know.

-Josh

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
kidwoo, i can't wait to see you hiking things in the BC with that strapped to your back. can I try it when it's all together?

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Maybe we should all plan a day to go up to one of the places that rents them and have a ridemonkey try out day. Then we can buy them after that if we are all into it. =]

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Haha, yeah. I never noticed them either.

We should plan a trip in like a month. Actually, maybe beginning of March (March 5th) for my 21st birthday. That way I can go gamble too.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
Total Heckler said:
Haha, yeah. I never noticed them either.

We should plan a trip in like a month. Actually, maybe beginning of March (March 5th) for my 21st birthday. That way I can go gamble too.
Let's get an order together.......seriously. I've been kicking aroun the idea for a long time and $100 off makes it worthwhile. I'll pm you my info, everyone else who's serious should to the same. See if we can just send in checks with a code or something.

Avy

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2006
I'll take Two kits,both with the 20mm adapters. I think I
will buy my own skis though. It's funny,I have been spending
over 2 mounths looking for used squishy's for just this matter.
How do we make the payment and get eveyones Kit in proper
order? That is my next question.

Avy

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Still waiting on a few more orders.

Also if anyone is game, me and a few buddies are going to Sierra at Tahoe this sunday and we are renting Ski bikes.

If you want to meet up with us send me a PM. We should get a huge gang together to try them out before we buy them.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Dude. I went Ski-Biking this weekend for the first time. So freaking rad!

I rented one up at Sierra at Tahoe with a couple buddies of mine. These things are good stuff. We spent pretty much the whole day getting used to handling and whatnot.

Towards the end of the day we started getting more confortable on them and started hitting some smaller things. I hit a 3 foot drop. We also did some riding through the trees between the groomed runs. It was a lot of fun.

So, I am getting one for sure. Lets get a list together.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
What were the bikes there like? Were they mtb frames with mtb forks? or specificly made skibikes? Do you have any pictures? Did they have risers between the dropouts and mounts?

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
The bikes were specifically made ski bikes. I might have pictures hopefully soon if my friend send them to me. They had front suspension. The frames are kind of hard to explain. ut you could do manuals on them. My buddy Jamie did a 'rolling' bar spin on his. It is good stuff. I cannot wait to get the kit for my VP Free with 888's. Yeah the kits are a triangle that raises you up a few inches.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Were there risers between the mount and dropouts?

When I get the mounts, I will set up both ends the like rear on that image that I drew. That way, I can adjust the mounts on the aluminum plate, to change the wheelbase (skibase) or change the size of the risers?

I just need to get them so I can figure what size stuff I need.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Ahh I see what you mean now. There were not risers on the bikes. I am thinking on my next pay period I will be ready to buy my kit. I will give you guys more details on how to make payments soon.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
I think I might wait until next season to do it. I will pass the torch to whoever wants to. All you have to do is call and talk to the owner at 1 (866) SNOWBIKE [766-9245]. You guys can work out the details and get set up. With recent news that I am going to be owing yet again for taxes and the racing season coming up as well as my trip to Whistler and Berlin, I think I am going to pass.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
The ones we rented didnt have skis on your feet. They had either pegs or a mech area you could stand on. The rentals look kind of funny, but they are such a blast once you get the hang of how to control it. Cutting inbetween runs on the mountain through the trees was soo much fun. Also hitting walls as huge berms.