Quantcast

Skibowl race season

h22ekhatch

Monkey
Jun 13, 2005
Portland
Ok so since skibowl still has about 100" of snow, and the first race is on May 6th where exactly is the racing going to take place?

I noticed on their schedule it says "DH race on Mt. Hood" whereas all the other races it says "DH race on Mt. Hood Skibowl"...so if its not skibowl where is it?

Just curious thanks :)

Uruk-hai

Monkey
Oct 13, 2004
The 'Quah
They all should be at Skibowl. Last year's first race was held on the lower half only and everybody did 2 runs. But with the snow level that the PNW has received this year I wouldn't be surprised if that first race was canceled.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
h22ekhatch said:
Ok so since skibowl still has about 100" of snow, and the first race is on May 6th where exactly is the racing going to take place?

I noticed on their schedule it says "DH race on Mt. Hood" whereas all the other races it says "DH race on Mt. Hood Skibowl"...so if its not skibowl where is it?

Just curious thanks :)
If the May 5th race happens it should be the Glad Trail....kinda like a super d, or gravity xc.

I know Petr updates his voice mail way more often than the web site, so you might wanna call that.

h22ekhatch

Monkey
Jun 13, 2005
Portland
Snacks said:
If the May 5th race happens it should be the Glad Trail....kinda like a super d, or gravity xc.

I know Petr updates his voice mail way more often than the web site, so you might wanna call that.
Ahh good call. I got the info line ((503) 272 - 0146)...says the race is going to be held on the Pioneer Bridal Trail "at the highest point".

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
h22ekhatch said:
Ahh good call. I got the info line ((503) 272 - 0146)...says the race is going to be held on the Pioneer Bridal Trail "at the highest point".
Yep...aka the Pioneer Bridal Trial. If you plan on doing the race, bring your trail bike. I have only been about 1 mile down it (do to someone in our riding party crashing an breaking their leg:rolleyes: ) but from what I hear it's mainly XC going downhill.

h22ekhatch

Monkey
Jun 13, 2005
Portland
Snacks said:
Yep...aka the Pioneer Bridal Trial. If you plan on doing the race, bring your trail bike. I have only been about 1 mile down it (do to someone in our riding party crashing an breaking their leg:rolleyes: ) but from what I hear it's mainly XC going downhill.
:) Yea I have been reading the reviews on mtbr...sounds like the V10 might be overkill...

L

luelling

Everyone should keep in mind that at the bridal trail you also have to ride about 1.5 miles to the start and it has some small hills. From what I recall you could kill it on a hardtail on that course. I will prolly ride my tazer. With how much snow they have, even the second race may not have upper bowl (there have been several years like that)

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
Snacks said:
Kevin and I will both be there, both of on our trail bikes.
I wish I was going to be there! :( :( :( :redhot: :bomb: :mumble: :ouch:

But I'm having another hand surgery two weeks before. I'll be lucky if I make the June 17th race weekend!! :redhot: :redhot: :redhot:

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
Snacks said:
Pioneer Bridal Trail? That was the other bum leg at hood right?

evilbob

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
Everett, Wa
Snacks said:
That was Tim breaking his leg while dancing on a downed tree:rolleyes: At least he crashed and not me:p
That was a bad period of time for several monkeys ...... :ouch: :ouch: :ouch: :ouch: :ouch: :ouch: :ouch: :ouch: :nonono:

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
evilbob said:
That was a bad period of time for several monkeys ...... :ouch: :ouch: :ouch: :ouch: :ouch: :ouch: :ouch: :ouch: :nonono:
Yes, yes it was. I think that was the around the time you and I broke our ankles also. I would tell you to bring your new rig down for the race, but the Mt. Hood area has not been kind to you:mad: