Quantcast

SkiBowl / Willamette Pass

BuddhaRoadkill

I suck at Tool
Feb 15, 2004
Chintimini Bog
I have a DH rig but I've only ridden it once [Mary's Peak] and would like to spend more time with it. Skibowl is opening next weekend, and Willamette Pass will be following shortly. I've never been to either and was wondering what the story is. Do they have marked trails or do I have to hunt for the fun stuff? They hold DH races, but are these trails about jumps [I'm not so good at] or going really fast over ridiculous terrain [My favorite]? In short, can a guy go up there solo and leave with a diaper load and ****eating grin? :p

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
BuddhaRoadkill said:
I have a DH rig but I've only ridden it once [Mary's Peak] and would like to spend more time with it. Skibowl is opening next weekend, and Willamette Pass will be following shortly. I've never been to either and was wondering what the story is. Do they have marked trails or do I have to hunt for the fun stuff? They hold DH races, but are these trails about jumps [I'm not so good at] or going really fast over ridiculous terrain [My favorite]? In short, can a guy go up there solo and leave with a diaper load and ****eating grin? :p
I did the race at Willamette last year. It was alot of fun. They have lots of different trails there. It is really dry and pretty loose terrain...but fun. The trails are marked I believe too. There is drops and jumps on them, but there is arounds on the beginner, and sport trails...I believe the pro-expert trail they ran at the race doesn't have arounds for the drops. There wasn't anything too big though...

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
BuddhaRoadkill said:
The Ski Bowl trails are just rough stuff and high speed. There are no built up man made jumps or drops, just rocks, roots, natural drops, and jumps.The upper bowl Cannon Ball trail is high speed through loose rocks. The pro / expert course on the lower section zig zags through the trees over soft loamy dirt, roots and a few small drops.
Tim

shocktower

Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Molalla Oregon
TWISTED said:
The Ski Bowl trails are just rough stuff and high speed. There are no built up man made jumps or drops, just rocks, roots, natural drops, and jumps.The upper bowl Cannon Ball trail is high speed through loose rocks. The pro / expert course on the lower section zig zags through the trees over soft loamy dirt, roots and a few small drops.
Tim
Sounds just like Big bear and we can ride it :love: :love: :love: :love: :nuts: BB

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
shocktower said:
Sounds just like Big bear and we can ride it :love: :love: :love: :love: :nuts: BB
Here's a couple photos I shot with my camera phone at the DH race at Ski Bowl a few weeks ago. I crashed out of my first run because of all the mud, so I walked up to the section that I thought was the nastiest to check out the second round. Both photos are of double drop sections, one after the other. It had rained all night and then rained all day. It seemed to clear up and get sunny once the races had finished.