Quantcast

skinny centered layout

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
1000 pixels wide isn't exactly "skinny"

I've played around with 1000 pixel formats for a while and I relly don't see any drawbacks to it. The only potential problem is room for large photos, but they just push the side out and are displayed full size anyway.

Free beer to anyone that can tell me an actual problem with the layout other than its not what you are used to :D

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Maybe it's something artsy or something............but what's the point? just seems to be less used space and nothing more than that.

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF

I've played around with 1000 pixel formats for a while and I relly don't see any drawbacks to it. The only potential problem is room for large photos, but they just push the side out and are displayed full size anyway.

Free beer to anyone that can tell me an actual problem with the layout other than its not what you are used to :D
Actually, since large photos only push out that particular post, I don't mind this at all.

Previously, large photos would affect the entire page, forcing a reader to scroll sideways for every message. This makes reading a thread slower.

I rather have no limitations on page width, but since I only a 17" monitor, it is fine with me.

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
It displays with a scroll bar on low resolution, making it really crummy if you run 800x600

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction

This is a pretty nice layout...ads at the top and not a lot of wasted space...http://www.bikemojo.com/speak/index.php...though it will probable show up as narrow since I think he has it set that you have to go into UserCP to change to wide.

Last edited:

DirtyDog

Gang probed by the Golden Banana
Aug 2, 2005
The giant header image is a waste of space to some degree. The empty space you see at the top of the RM forums is going to be filled with things that are in development. I was going to put the tag cloud there temporarily, but that was abused pretty heavily so it had to go.

This is a pretty nice layout...ads at the top and not a lot of wasted space...http://www.bikemojo.com/speak/index.php...though it will probable show up as narrow since I think he has it set that you have to go into UserCP to change to wide.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
What are you in such a hurry for?

Actually, since large photos only push out that particular post, I don't mind this at all.

Previously, large photos would affect the entire page, forcing a reader to scroll sideways for every message. This makes reading a thread slower.

I rather have no limitations on page width, but since I only a 17" monitor, it is fine with me.