Quantcast

Skinny Tire Bikes

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
After putting on a lot of mileage on the roadie as of late, I'm finding my fit is not quite right, likely too small. Unfortunately, the bike is as big as it can get from a stem/post/etc standpoint, so I'm thinking a new, used frame might be in order to get a better fit. The only bike in the 61-62 size range that I'm familiar with is the Roubaix, which works well enough for me. Given I'm cheap when it comes to road bikes, even an Al frame would be sufficient for me. Anybody have thoughts on comperable size/fit bikes to a Roubaix, AL or Carbon?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
for your wookie / yeti / ent size, why not go custom? it'll cost a few extra pesos, but you can put your fitment issues to rest once and for all.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
for your wookie / yeti / ent size, why not go custom? it'll cost a few extra pesos, but you can put your fitment issues to rest once and for all.
I have one. It's for when I was gimped out, so it fits weird now that I'm a mobile human being.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
not the drawing of pictures...the spending of money and wifeys approval me thinks...
As long as I'm close to break even on selling my Look, I'm good. It's the never ending bleed out on the house that hinders things as of late. You don't make money by spending it.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
dammit . . . i thought this was gonna be a conversion therapy thread for those running 2.3" or narrower tahrs . . . I was here to provide positive reinforcement for 2.4" and 2.5" n00bs.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
But don't start talking about 2.8" and 3.0" tires. That's just stoopid.
I have a 2.5 DHF on my front wheel, and a 2.3 DHR2 on my rear wheel. For shits and giggles, I took the calipers to them, and at the casing, the 2.5s are narrower than the 2.3 by a couple mm. Not surprised, but still found it funny.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
make sure you look at how they measure the frame. My cannondale is a 58 yet my Colnago is a 60cm and they are the same size Cannondale center to center Colnago measures Center to Top
That's where I got burned on the Look. They changed their sizing from a square frame the year of my current bike. Instead of 61/61 it's 61/59. Huge difference, as I was going off the sizing of a prior same model Look, which was square.

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
Have you called any of your local bike shops to see what they have in stock in 61-63cm? It is the end of the year and you may be able to find a sweet deal on something that fits you nicely.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Have you called any of your local bike shops to see what they have in stock in 61-63cm? It is the end of the year and you may be able to find a sweet deal on something that fits you nicely.
I got yelled* at yesterday by the fit guy at one of the shops by my house. I was on a 61cm Roubaix and he left his other customer to tell me that it's a 64, no questions.

I came across this while looking for things: https://www.muesing-bikes.de/en/bike/Onroad-Lite-_-Lite-Di2.html

I can get a frame and fork for $530 shipped. I would need to source a headset and post, but everything else looks to transfer over easily. Jan timeline though...