Quantcast

Skookie health update

H8R

Cranky Pants
Nov 10, 2004
I raise a glass to your balls, sir.

(that sounds better than "I toast your balls...")

Wonderful news. Way to stay brave.

2010 is going to be good.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Great news.

What kind of tests do they perform to find out if you have cancer? My left nut has been feeling funny and is bigger than it's twin
They fast tracked me.

Couple docs feel you up, Urologist is pretty confident it's Cancer, sends me in for emergency ultrasound, schedules for surgery in 2 days, CT Scan the next week, blood test just about every week, i chose chemo a month after surgery, 2 treatments of Carboplatin my final treatment was my last.

For me i feel like crap right now, but from prior treatment i know i've got a few more days to endure, then it get's progressively better next week. It's pretty tough on the system but i am thinking i will be feeling near full strength in a month or two.

Surgery they pull the testicle out from your abdomen, they effectively remove the entire chord along with it. So you are shut down physically after surgery for about 3-4 weeks since you have a incision through the muscle which can herniate. Like many surgeries i've had the first week is toughly painful, i never had a hospital stay, but you want someone to watch over you for a few days at least.

This is for Stage 1, catch it early otherwise there is more fighting involved.