Quantcast

Skookie Villa's "This Old Trail"

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
splat said:
you didn't use pressure treated wood!

at least you didn't cut the tree , other wise I would have called you a trail sanitizer .

it looks like fun
Nope wood treated with arsenic doesn't make woods that happy nor does it really last any longer than regular wood, what maybe another year or two at best? plus its spendy$$$$$$$$

so it's regular 2X4 with 2X4X1 cedar for runners.

Chicken go cluck cluck....

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Nice! here those would be gone tomorrow :dead: removed and left laying there by some dickhead hiker because somehow littering the trail with discarded lumber is better than a usable bridge I guess :think:

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
punkassean said:
Nice! here those would be gone tomorrow :dead: removed and left laying there by some dickhead hiker because somehow littering the trail with discarded lumber is better than a usable bridge I guess :think:
yah i'd hate to deal with all the nature nazi's down there, here there's much more open land to bury em. :evil:

Well that's all for tonight on This ole Trail, stay tuned for the next episode when i see how many hammer tacks i can embed into my skull. This is Skookie Villa sayin "So Long and happy hammerin!"

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
sh1t. I'm sure i could ride over those things if i was sober.

or at least not hung over......:D

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
lovebunny said:
i woulda built a jumpoff that big one
dexterq20 said:
:stupid:

If you're above the trail, you can't damage it! :D

xbluethunderx said:
Yeah...why did you give the downhill side a ramp? :p
hmm i must be good i already have critics. :D
it's a twisty XC trail fellas, and there is plenty of clutter on the trail with fairly big rocks and roots and logs, the camera always makes things seem smaller. i dunno about you but having speed, gravity, and smooth fast run ups and trannies are more condusive to setting up for a jump. :dancing:
i was riding the Bullit because i broke my XC bike, but also because it's easier to haul all that lumber on your shoulder riding one handed two miles in the middle of the frikkin woods. :oink:

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
where is this trail? you need a secret handshake to gain access to it?

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
jacksonpt said:
Cool. I usually pile up other logs/branches on either side to make it rideable - I'm too lazy to cary in my own lumber.
really. you know how many trees had to die for you little ramps? :nope:

:p

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
pnj said:
really. you know how many trees had to die for you little ramps? :nope:

:p
blah blah blah - either way I'm enjoying nature - what's the difference if I cut down a tree or two of if I wait for them to die? Either way they end up dead.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
pnj said:
where is this trail? you need a secret handshake to gain access to it?
you've been there......:)

jacksonpt said:
Cool. I usually pile up other logs/branches on either side to make it rideable - I'm too lazy to cary in my own lumber.
without owning a chainsaw that is actually more work than what i did. The first one would be possible to do that since it's only about 3 feet up, but the bigger one is about 4 feet off the ground, same argument with the jumps on this one, you just wouldn't be able to get the speed to make it over a pile that big.

jacksonpt said:
blah blah blah - either way I'm enjoying nature - what's the difference if I cut down a tree or two of if I wait for them to die? Either way they end up dead.
TREE KILLER!!!!@$#!$!@$@! ;)

Actually in this area they get a lot of blow down from high winds. Just about 50 feet ahead of this trail someone cut a bunch of rounds and stacked em, and one of em is about 4 feet high, but it's on a wider kinda smoother trail.

i really love this place, i'm glad i could make it just a little bit cooler.

BuddhaRoadkill

I suck at Tool
Feb 15, 2004
Chintimini Bog
girlwhoboards said:
i think its much better to build stuff over a sensative area than not...besides it's more fun :).
-Kim
This is one of dem dar oxymoronical things. Built structures are a godsend to issues of errosion and the like ... BUT, built structures invalidate natural use insurance policies. Catch 22.

Around here, we've learned to pile dirt very high. If it's wood, it gets ripped out. If it's dirt, it's either too much of a pain or it's close enough to legit that it gets left alone.