Quantcast

skooks is not the only one leading a night ride.

splat

Nam I am
after a couple of weeks off , because of work .
we had a ride tonight. not as dramatic as skooks using fire in his hair for light
we were apprehensive about tonights ride . because of mud season breathing down our necks , butthe last few nights have been cold , and it was been cold the lst few days too.

so the ground was firm and very little mud.

IF rider in the Rock vise.

IF rider coming down a rock chute.

Ben-O trying to get up the rocks

IF_rider , launches a 3 footer

Ben-O lauching .

Ben-O watch out for that tree.!! on his first attempt he hit the tree.

I felt out of shape and rusty an d sloppy , but it felt good to ride.

BAH

The Red Baron
Sep 29, 2005
America
haha cool. Love the night rides. Good pics for a night ride too. Ill get mine up soon but it was so wet and snowy and soggy Ididnt take too much care with them :)

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
splat said:
Its hard Because I have to get closer than I usually do , so the flash can have some effect, and beingthat close I tend to cut of heads.
No no no you got it all wrong, you're supposed to light your head on fire, NOT cut it off....:rolleyes:

BAH

The Red Baron
Sep 29, 2005
America
splat said:
Its hard Because I have to get closer than I usually do , so the flash can have some effect, and beingthat close I tend to cut of heads.
haha no doubt, my main trouble is getting my camera to focus. Im usually about 1 for 4 with that thing

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
BAH said:
haha no doubt, my main trouble is getting my camera to focus. Im usually about 1 for 4 with that thing
Yeah derek, i was wondering about that myself, i am thinking about doing some rad second curtain shots when i get the 10d, leave the shutter open and get the light trail then flash right at the end of the exposure to catch the subject clearly. I guess you would almost have to prefocus with a test shot or something...:confused:...

BAH

The Red Baron
Sep 29, 2005
America
manhattanprjkt83 said:
Yeah derek, i was wondering about that myself, i am thinking about doing some rad second curtain shots when i get the 10d, leave the shutter open and get the light trail then flash right at the end of the exposure to catch the subject clearly. I guess you would almost have to prefocus with a test shot or something...:confused:...

Yeah, it isn't that difficult to do if you have a little patience and set it up. The problem with night rides is that its cold and no one wants to stop to take photos so I kinda have to take wild stabs and hope something turns out. You guys are braver than I am though, bringing high end gear on rides:help: