Quantcast

Skookum Flats/Nobel Knob/Deep Creek/Sun Top

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Dunno about Epic Junction (for shame...you forgot Ranger Creek) - if it's not a go now then it should be doable by April/May. I'm sure Skookum Flats would be on. Likely boggy in the lower sections, but nice, slick and techy.:sneaky:
I do know that if there ever was a time Snoqualmie opened summer lifts again, I would say it's this year at this rate. I'm not going to hold my breath on it all the same.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
my friend hiked skookum just last weekend. not sure if its bikeable yet.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
i'd guess that Skookum Flats/White River trail would be ok to ride.
Usually all the other trails would be ready to go in June, this year we might be good to go in March, which would be INSANE!!!!#@$!@#$!@>(*

Sep 8, 2004
Hey.
After the flooding we had last week, I imagine there are some parts on skookum flats that are washed out or damaged from the river. Even when the river isn't high, there are sections that are pretty close to the water.

I heard the gate on the road for ranger creek/palisades is closed. As soon as it opens, I vote we get some shuttling going.
I shuttled ranger creek in sept, there was 4in of snow at the top, but it was a blast.

I say, as soon as the gate is open, we get an early 3-vehicle shuttle going. Once down ranger, once down deep creek. I've yet to do deep creek, but I've heard good things, and ranger creek is a blast.

-James.

Sep 8, 2004
So... Ranger creek is already shuttle-able? Or did he bike up? I'm itchin' to go. Maybe shuttle next week sometime.

-James.

RideND

Monkey
Nov 1, 2003
Mandan, ND
Damnit, I thought there was gonna be ride pics in this thread. I want ride pics, I havent been on the bike in about 4 months and need to fill my needs through your lives.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
DBR X6 RIDER said:
Speaking of Ranger Creek, a co-worker of my room-mate rode it yesterday. No snow, but there's some deadfall here and there. I hope there's no forest fires up there this summer. :(
jimbo_the_biker said:
So... Ranger creek is already shuttle-able? Or did he bike up? I'm itchin' to go. Maybe shuttle next week sometime.

-James.
Yah Andy what's the dilly yo? i'm pretty sure Knoble Nob has snow and is closed, which would mean the gate is closed which means no shuttle. i think i would turd little green apples if it wasn't.....

Sep 8, 2004
I think I'd rather shuttle it. Isn't it about 8miles/4000ft climb? Doesn't sound all that fun on the bighit. I'd be willing to give it a try if others wanted to though, could bring a small saw, and fix the trail on the way down pending on the size of the deadfall.

-James.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
jimbo_the_biker said:
I think I'd rather shuttle it. Isn't it about 8miles/4000ft climb? Doesn't sound all that fun on the bighit. I'd be willing to give it a try if others wanted to though, could bring a small saw, and fix the trail on the way down pending on the size of the deadfall.

-James.
3000 feet in 6.5 miles from the road. Those trees are huge, and most of them resting precariously on a hillside, if you did manage to cut thru one it can be dangerous... i still cannot believe you can get to Ranger Creek via Corral Pass, Andy are you sure they didn't just ride up Ranger and back down?...... i'm in total denial here......