Quantcast

Skookum Flats

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Here's some pix of me and Snacks riding a super fun trail. Can't seem to drag some other Pac N.W. peeps to this trail but maybe these pics will change their mind......:)

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
These first two pix are actually on White River trail, a little section i throw into the loop. I've ridden many many times past this burned out spiral husk of a tree, but never noticed it til today........

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
It's 90 degrees out and these creeks are givin off nice cool melted snow breezes, super nice to take a break from the heat!

IKE

Chimp
Jun 17, 2002
Originally posted by Skookum
These first two pix are actually on White River trail, a little section i throw into the loop. I've ridden many many times past this burned out spiral husk of a tree, but never noticed it til today........
thanks for this pic!. i definitely want to go now. its not every trail you can see a tree on! :devil: :devil:

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Originally posted by BAH
thanks for this pic!. i definitely want to go now. its not every trail you can see a tree on! :devil: :devil:
Yes it is the magic tree of Bokalaka Bay, Genghis Khan is buried underneath it, and if you eat the fungus that attaches itself to the charred bark it gives you power to ignore criticism from persons who would rather take close ups of mud chunks and slugs. :p ;) :D

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Thanks again for leadin' the ride Skookum! I had a great time.

The trail is nice and flowy with some a good mix of some technical sections. I don't know why more people don't come out and ride here. The senery alone is amazing.

speedbump

Chimp
Mar 27, 2003
Methow Valley, WA
Skookum Flats is a classic and always has been!:D I used to ride it when I first started hanging out at the LBS in junior high and the guys at the shop were nice enough to let me tag along. This was back in the day of rollercam brakes and Suntour XC Pro components. I can only imagine how much fun it would be on today's bikes. Snacks is right, the scenery alone is worth it!:)

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Originally posted by Serial Midget
I'll be hitting some rides with you later this summer. BAH ditched ummbikes and my self yesterday... we road anyways. :D
You should come out and ride with us sometime. Skookum says you are good people. ;)

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Originally posted by Serial Midget
I'll be hitting some rides with you later this summer. BAH ditched ummbikes and my self yesterday... we road anyways. :D
yah yah yah...
BAH has got good excuses, but ex-boybander's are held to a higher standard pal!:mad: ;) :monkey:

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Originally posted by speedbump
Skookum Flats is a classic and always has been!:D I used to ride it when I first started hanging out at the LBS in junior high and the guys at the shop were nice enough to let me tag along. This was back in the day of rollercam brakes and Suntour XC Pro components. I can only imagine how much fun it would be on today's bikes. Snacks is right, the scenery alone is worth it!:)
Right on looks like your in a good spot for riding now anyways. I've ridden Lightning Creek and the Sun Lodge stuff but i'm sure you got plenty more goody rides where your at. Ya gotta hook me up with the knowledge man!!!:D
And yah it's pretty nice to ride new technology on it, that trail would extreme on a fully rigid!

speedbump

Chimp
Mar 27, 2003
Methow Valley, WA
Originally posted by Skookum
Right on looks like your in a good spot for riding now anyways. I've ridden Lightning Creek and the Sun Lodge stuff but i'm sure you got plenty more goody rides where your at. Ya gotta hook me up with the knowledge man!!!:D
And yah it's pretty nice to ride new technology on it, that trail would extreme on a fully rigid!

Not just rigid, but old school Cannondale rigid. Remember the bikes with the 26" front/24" rear wheel combination. Really long wheelbase too, impossible too steer around obstacles in tight twisty stuff!:eek:

Let me know when you're headed to the neighborhood and I'll let you know what trails are in good condition at that time:) !