Quantcast

Skookum --> Mima Mounds Cap Forest XC

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Wahahahahahahha... time for some XC sweetness.

A couple of guys I know are going to be camping out with the smelly horses out by the Mima Mounds this weekend and I plan on riding with them on Sunday. Ride all day but no climbs that will kill you like on the Rock Candy side.

So Skooks and anyone else looking for a low key good time out in the woods give me a shout. If you don't know where the mounds are get her some implants - otherwise meet me at the Little Rock Chevron at 7AM.

The trails were prime by all reports from this last weekend. Be prepared for horse poo though. :devil:

Thats Sunday the 6th of June. :thumb:

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Originally posted by Serial Midget
Sweet - I look forward to finally riding with you. :)
I'm slow so you'll be waitin' ;)

I'll know later in the week if we are making a trip up there....depends on the weather.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
Originally posted by PsychO!1
i thought the mima mounds trails were hiker only???
POACHERS!

Nah, im sure they arent riding the hiker trails, but rather just starting from the MIMA MOUNDS area. The campground is a great place to stage plum smuggling events....

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
What time? You are no farther away than I... :devil:
8 a.m. i like my sleep besides it's not that hot out during the day yet.:) (which is why i get earlier starts in the summer)

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Originally posted by Snacks
YO! Midge....how long do you think you'll ride for on Sunday? I have a soccer game at 4:45pm that I'll need to get to.
I'm sure you should be on your way by 2PM at the latest - there are many trails for us to try, if some want to ride longer we can loop back and pick another trail.

I hope you make it. :)

Anyone else?

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
I'm sure you should be on your way by 2PM at the latest - there are many trails for us to try, if some want to ride longer we can loop back and pick another trail.

I hope you make it. :)

Anyone else?
Doesn't it take longer than 2 hours to get up to N. Seattle from Oly? :(

What are the trails like?

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Doesn't it take longer than 2 hours to get up to N. Seattle from Oly? :(

What are the trails like?
It takes me 45 minutes to get to seatac from the cap. You will be fine - if you have a deadline we can make arrangements to loop back early and just go out again. Stop thinking of excuses and come out to ride. :)

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
I just have to make my playoff game.

You never said what the trails are like down there? I have only done the shuttle runs.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I just have to make my playoff game.

You never said what the trails are like down there? I have only done the shuttle runs.
Same trails - less elevation loss, no loose rocks and more mud if the rains are heavy but... right now they are in the prime area between mud and dust. Not technical and no monster climbs at all. It's XC baby!!!

Bring your lightest bike. :)

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Same trails - less elevation loss, no loose rocks and more mud if the rains are heavy but... right now they are in the prime area between mud and dust. Not technical and no monster climbs at all. It's XC baby!!!

Bring your lightest bike. :)
Good, I really don't like the trail we take down on the shuttle run...too rutted out by dang dirt bikes.

When are you going to come up north and try some of the trail up here?

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Hey Snacks, I thought you were doin' the XC thing at DG Sunday? Still signed up there too.... ;) Probably should let Jeff know if you're not goin'.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Originally posted by Borneo
Hey Snacks, I thought you were doin' the XC thing at DG Sunday? Still signed up there too.... ;) Probably should let Jeff know if you're not goin'.
I e-mailed him that we weren't going....I need to take my name off the the list too. We did Devil's last weekend...Mission was cool, just a ton of downed trees.

Borneo

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
Duvall
Yeah, I saw the pics...No worries. I just know that there's some other people that wanted to go....
Need to get over there myself. It's better now than the dusty days of summer.
Cap should be perfect Saturday. Sunday may be another story with the rains coming.
Did Tigger last night. Iverson-road up-PRT-NWT back. Not many people out and the PRT was just a little wet. No river running down it.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Originally posted by Borneo
Yeah, I saw the pics...No worries. I just know that there's some other people that wanted to go....
Need to get over there myself. It's better now than the dusty days of summer.
Cap should be perfect Saturday. Sunday may be another story with the rains coming.
Did Tigger last night. Iverson-road up-PRT-NWT back. Not many people out and the PRT was just a little wet. No river running down it.
Ya I know Sunday should be interesting....:rolleyes: We're hittin' Gailbreath on Saturday, never been, very excited to go!!!

If you head over on Sunday have a peanut butter shake for me are Rusty's drive in....yummy :)

I think I'll do Tiger or Carnation tomorrow....they should be nice and dry by then.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
dude i'm so burnt out! i'll have to buy some Littlerock chicken to help my body recover from this week.....

see ya there midge.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
Sorry Midge I'm out on this one. I'm dead tired after yesterday's ride. I crashed pretty good, and my body it's too happy about it.

Props to Skookum for riding today. He was hammering up the hills like a champ.