Quantcast

Sky Valley DH

t66

Chimp
Feb 12, 2004
Anyone rode Sky Valley lately. I'm looking to ride there next weekend and am hoping the DH run is still rideable and are the landlords still allowing it.

I know it's Showdown @ Sugar next WE but anyone else would be welcome to join in.

Anyone know why there wasn't a race scheduled there this year?

Chris

JeffD

Monkey
Mar 23, 2002
Macon, GA
1) Sugar's in two weeks, not next weekend

2) I have some buddies who've ridden there this summer w/no problems (trail is intact and no owner hassles)

3) My understanding is the owners weren't interested in an event that didn't generate revenue.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
how'd you here? Brady I guess. Yeah, went tot he doc yesterday and I have a cracked kneecap. Doc pointed at it on the XRay and said "That's either a slight crack or a very large blood vessell." Then he looked at me, looked at my knee, smiled and said "Which does it feel like?"

Basicly, he let me answer that question with the amount of pain I'm in. I described my pain level and the heavy ache in the bone and patted me on the shoulder and said "take it easy for 4 weeks and you'll be fine." It was the most casual, yet simple straightforward doctor's visit I've ever had.

No criticism, no questions, just about 3 calm, cool sentences and it was done with.

UNLIKE....the time I broke a riba nd the doctor in the ER was looking at my XRAYS in the hallway (saw a previous collarbone break) and started chuckling, looked over his shoulder and "Fall down much?"

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
bizutch said:
how'd you here? Brady I guess. Yeah, went tot he doc yesterday and I have a cracked kneecap. Doc pointed at it on the XRay and said "That's either a slight crack or a very large blood vessell." Then he looked at me, looked at my knee, smiled and said "Which does it feel like?"

Basicly, he let me answer that question with the amount of pain I'm in. I described my pain level and the heavy ache in the bone and patted me on the shoulder and said "take it easy for 4 weeks and you'll be fine." It was the most casual, yet simple straightforward doctor's visit I've ever had.

No criticism, no questions, just about 3 calm, cool sentences and it was done with.

UNLIKE....the time I broke a riba nd the doctor in the ER was looking at my XRAYS in the hallway (saw a previous collarbone break) and started chuckling, looked over his shoulder and "Fall down much?"
That is a helluva lot better than,
So, Doc, How long til my wrist heals.

Well, Jeremy, it might not ever heal. :nuts:

Thx for the encouragement cockherder.

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
Any word on Sky Valley???

anyone, anyone.....beuhler....