Quantcast

sky valley this weekend?

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
I'd be all over that offer if I wasn't commited to the ETSU race.
I have some payback for that trail after the way it treated me last weekend.:angry:

It should be perfect after that rain early this week.
It was almost too dry in some spots. But that's better than too wet.
I know the Maconga crowd is planning a trip to Sky the weekend of the 7th.

I'd go but I have to take the BMX Princess(she's #1 in the nation!) down to Florida for a race saturday. So I'll prolly stay local(Mansell, Griffin) on Sunday.

GiantAC1dh

Chimp
Mar 30, 2003
Georgia
Cancer Dragon, thanks!

Pete, Its good to hear that you want to go back. From the sounds of the crash I thought that you wouldn't be able to walk, let alone ride back down the mountain.
It would be cool if we went up early and worked on the course some. Like rerouteing some corners. I'm definately game for going there on a Saturday to work on the course. And camp out that night at the RV resort and then ride on Sunday.

Swine

Monkey
Jan 8, 2003
Alpharetta, Ga
7th is questionable right now, my friend and i are doing our senior projects on dh, and need to get some footage. rain+sky= bad! i raced and won junior x last season. following the south east downhill weather forcast....it opened up on us just as the first person began his decent. not only does it get super sketchy on the steep section, but once you get going on the slope, the mud imbeaded in your tires become flying pieces of shrappnel that always seem to make it in your eyes, which makes that nice 2 wheel drifiting turn and doubles after quite interesting.:rolleyes:

AC1dh- do you still have that vid of sky *edit* nevermind

ps- damn that etsu race, i heard to little to late, and by that time i was already commited to work on saturday:angry: . i raced sky and windrock last year, but missed racing etsu and wolf for various reason...looking forward to it this season.

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
Originally posted by Swine
7th is questionable right now, my friend and i are doing our senior projects on dh, and need to get some footage. rain+sky= bad! i raced and won junior x last season. following the south east downhill weather forcast....it opened up on us just as the first person began his decent. not only does it get super sketchy on the steep section, but once you get going on the slope, the mud imbeaded in your tires become flying pieces of shrappnel that always seem to make it in your eyes, which makes that nice 2 wheel drifiting turn and doubles after quite interesting.:rolleyes:

AC1dh- do you still have that vid of sky *edit* nevermind

ps- damn that etsu race, i heard to little to late, and by that time i was already commited to work on saturday:angry: . i raced sky and windrock last year, but missed racing etsu and wolf for various reason...looking forward to it this season.
You can still make the DH at ETSU. It's on sunday.

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
I talked to some of the guys tonight at gate practice and the general concensus is if it rains friday and more is predicted for saturday we will all bingo to Sky saturday. That's assuming it isn't going to rain there.
We're down to playing this weekend by ear.