Quantcast

Skyline... Ride 3

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
downhillzeypher said:
Whatever. It's only for a year until I get a surfboard.
Awsome! Totally awsome!

"All I need is some tasty waves, cool buzz and I'm fine..."

Spicolizeypher...

Feb 14, 2004
SoCal
I might as well. All my friends surf and this is a pretty good way of going about learning. Plus I need SOMEthing to do in this infernal heat :mad:

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
downhillzeypher said:
I might as well. All my friends surf and this is a pretty good way of going about learning. Plus I need SOMEthing to do in this infernal heat :mad:
Ahhh yes, I forgot that it's hotter there in Corona than here in Pasadena. Now the spin class makes more sense. Sorry man, it's just that I get this image of fat ladies and Richard Simmons on stationary bikes. :D

We're still going to call you Spicoli, though.

Thrillkil

Monkey
May 25, 2005
Isla Vista, CA
I'll do my utmost to get there, but I do have to leave to begin my orientation at UC Santa Barbara that day, so if I go, I'll only be able to ride until about 1PM or so. I hope I can go, I really want to give my new disco volante a test of what it can do.

R

Rabie

Thrillkil said:
I'll do my utmost to get there, but I do have to leave to begin my orientation at UC Santa Barbara that day, so if I go, I'll only be able to ride until about 1PM or so. I hope I can go, I really want to give my new disco volante a test of what it can do.
Skyline will not test your Disco Volante.

Thrillkil

Monkey
May 25, 2005
Isla Vista, CA
damn :(

anyways, as it turns out, I have to leave early that morning to head to Santa Barbara, so no Skyline for me. I am open until about 4PM Saturday, if anyone wants to ride elsewhere (ideally within a half-hour of riverside). I have no place to be tomorrow either.

R

Rabie

Thrillkil said:
damn :(

anyways, as it turns out, I have to leave early that morning to head to Santa Barbara, so no Skyline for me. I am open until about 4PM Saturday, if anyone wants to ride elsewhere (ideally within a half-hour of riverside). I have no place to be tomorrow either.
Take your bike to SB, and hook up a ride there. So much better for a dh bike than Skyline, it's silly.

Lt.Dan

Thank you sir may I have another!
May 15, 2002
el cajon
after finally looking at this thread, ill prolly go. anyone leaving from san diego? what time?

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
spookydave said:
I sure wish you guys would do these rides on a Saturday. I'm always working on Sundays it seems.
Well, that's easy to solve... quit your job! The you can ride all the time!

Feb 14, 2004
SoCal
Thrillkil said:
If you move it back a week, I can bring a friend with me and ride before I go to see Megadeth and Dream Theater live that night.
no can do... sorry. If I was all shifty about these dates then it'd just kill the point of organizing so far in advance.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
I flaked. I was asleep. Yesterday wore me out. Hiking all over Baldy then we shuttled Wilson and drank beer. Lot's of beer. I fell asleep on the couch and didn't wake up till 11 am today. Effin slacker.

bfranke

Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
San Diego
Ciaran said:
I flaked. I was asleep. Yesterday wore me out. Hiking all over Baldy then we shuttled Wilson and drank beer. Lot's of beer. I fell asleep on the couch and didn't wake up till 11 am today. Effin slacker.
:nopity: :nopity: :nopity:

Lt. Dan heading down the chute,

So far so good,

Lt. Dan decided to throw himself off his bike and play in the bushes,

Finally made it,

DHzeypher was not in the groove today, I think he's got water on the brain from all the ocean time he's been getting in,

Weeble,

Wooble,

And he goes down,

Almost there,

Foesjunky was ripping it up,

DHzeypher trying to get in the groove,

foesjunky

Monkey
Mar 1, 2005
In the 909
Lt.Dan said:
you were right, pictures dont do that section justice
You took the words right out of my mouth!! Good times. :thumb: We need to do it again soon. I'll be there again on WED. @ 5:30 pm if anyone wants to come.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Ciaran said:
Bwahahaha, ohh man I missed my Sunday Tunnel run too. Too worn out from Baldy, Wilson & driving. Wilson was fun though, Thanks for the tour Mike :D

Skyline: wow the freakin chute is a maneater, I gotta check that out sometime. How hot was Corona?

foesjunky

Monkey
Mar 1, 2005
In the 909
Zark said:
Skyline: wow the freakin chute is a maneater, I gotta check that out sometime. How hot was Corona?
That chute was super sandy and steep. As for the heat it was smoking hot in the 90's before noon!!! :drool:

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
foesjunky said:
That chute was super sandy and steep. As for the heat it was smoking hot in the 90's before noon!!! :drool:
Ouch! I don't fare well in the heat. Even while riding Wilson on saturday. The normal easy uphill that I push had me whining and stopping at every shady bush I could find. Thank goodness for after ride beers. This heat has me really looking forward to fall winter and spring!

webb

Chimp
Mar 13, 2005
echo park
this is insanely late (I haven't been able to get on RM for the last week), but I did want to thank dave for setting up the ride, and to thank the rest of the guys for taking me down. I had a blast, and next time I'll stick around for some in-and-out.