Quantcast

<*>Slacker Sunday Soirée<*>

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
:wave:

Dumping rain outside. And just as I type this, it sounds like someone just opened the faucet in the sky more.

Definitely should have gone biking or something yesterday. Derp.

Might goto the local farm and see if they have honeycrisp apples yet.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
hello peoples

one more day of working this weekend, 7-5

snuggled with my middle child a bit in a lull in work and shall get some short Peloton rides in today as I did yesterday, too.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
had fun hanging with 12yo's friend's parents last night while the kids played. then we came home and had ribeyes. wife and other son were in ashevegas seeing her brother and his fam for the night. currently chilling on the porch with coffee. bit of yardwork, then maybe a ride later? we shall see.

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
More stuff around the house to do. No riding this weekend or next weekend. Two thumbs down. Maybe during the week?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Met CrabJoe at our town's festival yesterday, and it was a surprisingly good time. Free ice cream, live music, food and crafts. Then came back and sat around the fire pit with the parents. Twas nice.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008
Rode the MTB today at a spot close to my place (I take the bike over there, 5k on (gravel) roads) on some multi use/hiking trails. In a small patch of forest on the North side of town a new MTB trail was flagged. I had heard rumors that they will be building one and was hoping it would not ruin the hiking trails on the South side of town as they are natural, pretty rough/rooty and steep. So I guess this is a win unless they close down the hiking trails for biking.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
flat #2....looks like i am treating the rental to a new tire....140.00 tow truck ride...

full coverage does not mean automatic roadside assistance for towing/flats in montana if you rent through fox in denver...would have been nice to know...

no minton peak lookout tonight...

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
We decided last min to go do some outdoor, gas karting today. Haley's first time at this track. First time in a kid's, gas rental kart. Went somewhat unexpectedly as expected. Usually, we're competitive. Ftrst session we were close but I was ahead. Second session she was faster than me. I didn't race third, but she was way ahead of me by that point.

Talking with owner between second and third sessions, just to get a gauge on track times for rentals, she made the point that not all kids come from K1 and can transition. Since most of the kids race has, we were talking about her race group, and she brought up Nandini as someone who made the transition and did really well. I noted that she's mentoring Haley, which definitely made her pause. One of the other K1 dads was with us and she looked at him to confirm, which he did. She just kind of reset how she was talking about how they identify fast kids.

She made a point to say that fast adult rental regulars will be high-:40's. Haley dropped a couple :53's (first session was 1:13) in her last session and she had consistent traffic. Conversation immediately turned to when can I bring her in on a weekday, so she can get in clear runs and possibly into a Jr1 kart.

I told Wifey that she was over 5sec a lap faster than me. She just kinda looked at me for a second and said "than you? I think reality is starting to settle in that this isn't just a "fun activity" for Haley and that she's not just a regular kid when it comes to her driving. She didn't balk when I showed her the hot pink race kit that Haley picked out online...

Last edited: