Quantcast

<*>Slacker Sunday Soirée<*>

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
sometimes i make smart decisions. thawed some prepped ribs from the freezer on Friday. put them in the sous vide Friday night. they finished last night, put them in the fridge, grilling them now.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
We decided last min to go do some outdoor, gas karting today. Haley's first time at this track. First time in a kid's, gas rental kart. Went somewhat unexpectedly as expected. Usually, we're competitive. Ftrst session we were close but I was ahead. Second session she was faster than me. I didn't race third, but she was way ahead of me by that point.

Talking with owner between second and third sessions, just to get a gauge on track times for rentals, she made the point that not all kids come from K1 and can transition. Since most of the kids race has, we were talking about her race group, and she brought up Nandini as someone who made the transition and did really well. I noted that she's mentoring Haley, which definitely made her pause. One of the other K1 dads was with us and she looked at him to confirm, which he did. She just kind of reset how she was talking about how they identify fast kids.

She made a point to say that fast adult rental regulars will be high-:40's. Haley dropped a couple :53's (first session was 1:13) in her last session and she had consistent traffic. Conversation immediately turned to when can I bring her in on a weekday, so she can get in clear runs and possibly into a Jr1 kart.

I told Wifey that she was over 5sec a lap faster than me. She just kinda looked at me for a second and said "than you? I think reality is starting to settle in that this isn't just a "fun activity" for Haley and that she's not just a regular kid when it comes to her driving. She didn't balk when I showed her the hot pink race kit that Haley picked out online...
///Racecars

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
So I got the scoop on a favorite joint of ours. There is a restaurant that has 2 locations in Portland, but one is better than the other. Turns out the location we didn't like as much is the owners ex husbands location he got in the divorce. The menu is very similar but I didn't think the food was as good. The wife had moved hers to a new location last year that we went to last night. We almost went to the other location because we were afraid it might be bad at the new location now. :rofl:

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Back home from 5 days staying at Noyo Harbor and going up and down the Mendocino Coast on hikes. We had a blast. Stopped in Petaluma at Pizza Chicago and got a medium pizza which we scarfed down in the camper. I could tell that Ruth was bummed at missing the regional championships with a broken wrist. I for one did not miss driving down and back to that run down shithole that is the Los Angeles Equestrian Center at Griffith Park. We would not be home until at least 10pm tonight

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Went riding today, it’s our Queen death special day off, so it was packed, although not too bad actually on the trails as alot of the people were in big groups hanging around between trails chattering. Still got clean runs on the DH sections. However it was really muddy because of how much it’s been raining recently. All my stuff is absolutely caked, my wife made me strip off on the back deck. :rofl: Possibly my muddiest ride ever. Top three at least. The bike might need a strip cleaning. Ah well, something to do this week’s evenings.